The sinking Rapala thing again

Radnine

First of all, thanks for all of your great suggestions.

Okay guys, so lets say that I use a bottom bouncing type of set up, where does that Rapala go? I mean if I was trolling with a floating Rapala, it might go down 5' to 7', yes? So if I tie it to a bottom bouncer, which is dragging along the bottom, would the Rapala not drag along the bottom as well? Or will it float above the bottom?

Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Jim

Dont over think it ... try it ... if it works stick with it ... definitely alot to be said for keeping in contact with bottom for a number of species ... and a bottom bouncer is a great way to make that happen ... I use floaters with bottom bouncers ... that way when I let out slack it bobs up not down ...just my preference

I didn't comment on the last thread, because they were all good suggestions... but since you brought it up again...

You should actually have an assortment of crankbaits in your arsenal that cover that water column from the top to 25' down!

The Rapala Deep Tail Dancer will put you where you want to be @ 25-27', you adjust the depth you troll it at by the amount of line you let out!

I hope this helps!

Radnine, I recommend you buy the trollers Bible titled "Precision Trolling"

As for the Rap question, I run a 3 way rig, but instead of a pencil weight or walker I use split shots. If you get hung up they will slip off and it is also easier to switch up the weighting.

My favourite Raps for this are Huskys.

Edited by Harrison