Followed home!! Lone moose calf

Rustic-Fisher

Out grouse hunting today and on the way out of the bush we round a corner and find this in the middle of the trail.

We back up and give her TONS of space thinking mom has gotta be near plus my Jeep is brand new and I would like to keep it that way lol.

We back up, it follows.......100 yrds :rolleyes:

She stayed with us awhile and than after some horn honking wondered back into the bush.

Never have I seen such a thing, anyone else?

Mom was no where to be found. Oct 19th is just around the corner, hope she smartens up..lol

RF

Had that happen once with a spiker on our way fishing...not that close, but after we put him in the bush we drove away, when we turned around, he was back on the road behind the vehicle, and wouldnt leave...was walkin around the truck trying to figure out what we were

thanks for the pics...what an amzaing and good looking animals eh!

Edited by anders

yep! this one right here... in my backyard... im in the city, just on the edge. and this thing got chased from the steel plant by my uncle, and after that a bunch of chaos insued with cops not knowing what the hell they were doing. anyway we had to follow this thing up and down the street for a bit to get a decent picture and then had to tell the cops what to do.

Picture036.jpg

The cows shooo away the calfs just before and during the rut, moma must have given this guy the boot so she can go out and find Bullwinkle for some fun!!!1

Sounds like the modern-day mom

Anyhow, i'm sure mom was killed...maybe wolves?

I was wondering if that was the case.

RF

This is probably what is going on, when the cow moose comes into esterus it chases away the calph and goes looking for the Bull, I think this is natures way of keeping calph moose away from horny rutting Bulls. After the cycle the two will reunite.

Edited by canadadude