Getting Schooled with JP DeRose

mojobass

This week episode was sick! I never fish frogs before but I definitely need to try that out for sure.

I never seem to be able to find weeds like that anywhere. Looking at JP's gear and my gear makes me feel like crap :wallbash:

What do you guys think of this week's episode?

Funny you should post this, as I just actually sat and watched it. As a WFN aficionado who seems to have it on 24/7 I ll go on a limb and say its pretty much the most imformative one going, he simplifies it right down to a 123 method. I thought last year was pretty cool but this year is just over the top.......

Sooooo JP where was that slop exactly......

Bwahahahaha... wouldn't you love to know Louis,,, :P Starts with a G ends in a Y and no I'm not calling you anything :lol:

Tons of water like this out there and tons of clone fish like the one's I was catching! I let you figure it out now... if it takes you too long I will be expecting a beer at the next meeting :Gonefishing:

BTW Mojo.... the gear is great and everything but when I first started fishing frogs about 10 years ago I loved using a Compre flipping stick 7'6" with a Calcutta 200 and 40 lb Ironthread... It was heavy as a combo but I still caught a bunch of fish that way. Obviously now the rods are lighter and the reels cast further and of course the line doesn't feel like steel cable but the fish hit it just the same. I think the biggest advantage is less wear and tear on the arms and a longer cast!

Edited by JPD

Haven't seen the frog episode yet, but looking forward to it after seeing the crankbait one last week. Love the new look of the show, definetly one of the shows I try not to miss on WFN. Hey JP, I heard your taking a musky guide from eastern ontario bass fishing on erie this spring :whistling:

Keep up the good work man

We should get out on the river one day together with Louis... I would like to see one of these so called moments :P !

buggers, I ll tie up the roe bags too....none of curry's secret recipe here.......Jp you actually should come with me and Mike you would have a hoot....often tried to get a day trip where we can smash those US smallies and beach the boat and fish steelies at the mouth while we watch the bass boats

I figured it out JP but heck Im always in a beer buying mood........

Everybody schools Louis, I even out fished him on Quinte for Bass this year. Hang em up old man!

J

man whats this a family 1-2 punch out..First JP now Elia............your right I should hang em up :wallbash:

now I need to tell my non boater for the weekend that if I cant get erie bass to go we are steelheading the upper....wonder how that will fly

well this thread went sideways awful quick, back on topic JP do the OSP frogs really work cranking them?

Edited by aniceguy