Skis ALL weekend Long !

Lunker777

Well, This weekend was full of fishing.

Saturday... launched around 2pm .... trollled till dark... no luck, saw 8-10 fish caught.. but couldn't manage to land one. Saw Fellow OFC'ers Mreh and Slowpoke... They had a better day then we did... Good job guys !

Sunday.... Launched around 8 AM.... trolled till about 1:30..... No luck.. same thing as the day before... tonnes of fish being caught... some nice girls too... a 48" and 49" but we ended with the SKUNK again ! Its a real killer when you see 2 boats.... one about 100 yrds ahead of you, and one about 30 yards back.... catch fish at the SAME TIME ! haha :wallbash: :wallbash:

I only have a few lures to chose from... it seemed like everyone was using believers, or something jointed with a big profile.

Sunday night, I called a buddy of mine that has a few extra musky lures. He had a few believers in the right colors and a few other things. He didn't hesitate to help me out.

Also, my fish fidner hasn't been working the last few times out.

Monday morning.. I took a quick couple of minutes to check the connections before headin' out.... I cut out the spade connectors I was using and just spun the 2 ends of the wires together and she worked. PERFECT... the days starting out good. :thumbsup_anim:

I forgot to mention that my uncle has been fishing for his whole life... He has never caught a musky. He was with me all weekend. hahah The only one determined enough to sit in the cold like that....I almost brought the wife with me Monday, she was getting upset at all the time I was spending fishin this weekend.... :blahblah1: (sorry hunny !)

But I explained to her that tomorrow was going to be a LONG day.... and I had NO intentions of leaving the water till there was a fish in the boat. She isn't a fan of being cold AT ALL... so she decided to pass.

The phone rang at 6:30AM as a wake up call for my uncle hahah I dont think he was ready to go out that early !

We hit the water just before 8AM.... It felt like the day to catch one....There were a couple of boats ahead of us , so we set up the lines so we could get right to it once in the water. I had on a 10" perch believer and I handed my uncle a big spinner bait. He says " THIS ??" ...... I said "YEP... Try it !" ..... We got the boat in and we started the troll. We had only been out for 10-15 minutes. All of a sudden my uncle jumps to his feet and go for his rod..... he thought maybe it caught a snag... it snapped the rod holder as he got his hands on the rod ! haha I looked up and said " Head shakes?" .... "OHHH YA !!!" haha so turned the motor off, pulled in my line and waited !

Musky002.jpg

No measure or weight, but I would say it was between 35-40" ... It was his first fish and he was PUMPED !!! His first musky EVER !! :clapping:

I think I did everything as well as I could with this fish. There was no recovery needed and it swam away strong as soon as he hit the water.

So it only took me 6 trips to LSC/Thames and finally got some slime in my boat(and on the Cradle from Slowpoke !!! Thanks again, worked GREAT !) ..... I personally still have a scent of skunk on but.... thats what next weekend is for !

Tight lines everyone !

sounds like some tough fishin! any idea on what the surface temp would have been? i would give it more than 40 this one is 36 and i' 6 feet tall

The surface temp was between 50-55 degrees.

Ill be sure to call my uncle and tell him that we under estimated his fish ! hahah He'll be pretty stoked about that !