Can You See The Difference????

Leecher

Will it produce or not???  

51 members have voted

1. 1. What you think??? Comments Welcomed!!!

• Yes?
    • No?

Hey folks,

This past weekend been busy again on the wooden projects... Made a 5" spook that I tested Saturday without painting it. Wanted to see if I could get any fish to commit but did not get a sniff, so I decided to make a couple more and paint them. Not sure at this point if it will produce but since the bug I had previously made and tested got positive results, I says to myself, what the hell LOL

So without any further adieu, here are the pics

Hope you enjoy!!!

DSC02596.jpg

DSC02597.jpg

DSC02598.jpg

DSC02599.jpg

DSC02600.jpg

DSC02601.jpg

DSC02602.jpg

DSC02603.jpg

DSC02604.jpg

Leechman

Ha!!! I told you that you were going to get addicted to making your own baits!!! :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

They look real good Jacques!!! :clapping:

I don't think they'll produce too much right now because the water is getting too cold for topwater up there, but I'm sure you'll catch a bunch of fish on them next summer!!! :Gonefishing::canadian::thumbsup_anim:

Keep up the good work!!!

Look good bud.

Just a tip, you may want to spread the hooks out a bit. Even put the last treble in the rear end, add a feathered treble actually to one a see if there is a difference. Try weighting one in the rear end etc...

Custom baits are very very addicting.

Like the sig too.

Guest Johnny Bass

I agree also. Put some hooks on the end, but more often than often, they will hit that thing dead center. The only thing is that the hooks wil be easier to spit. Give it a shot and get back to us. I'm not sure if bass will be active on the top water at this time of year but the pike and musky will be.

They look like they will work, what wood are you using for the bodies?

My only suggestion would be to use larger hooks but then again I am a large hook kinda guy.

Dan

Thanks Dan!!! I use pine for their bodies because it's a softwood and easy to sand down. For each piece, you're looking at about an hour of sanding to mold it to my likings.

The hooks I'm using are Excaliber 6/0.... I think they are good for now.

They'll work---no prob.

Really like the signature on bottom

Bushart

Thanks Bushart!!! Me too B)

Ha!!! I told you that you were going to get addicted to making your own baits!!!

They look real good Jacques!!! :clapping:

I don't think they'll produce too much right now because the water is getting too cold for topwater up there, but I'm sure you'll catch a bunch of fish on them next summer!!!

Keep up the good work!!!

Thanks Glen!!! I think you should pm me you doctors phone number so that I can book an appointment for detox :wacko::lol:

looks good!

Thanks mbosh1980!!! Got your pm and thanks for your suggestion :thumbsup_anim:

Look good bud.

Just a tip, you may want to spread the hooks out a bit. Even put the last treble in the rear end, add a feathered treble actually to one a see if there is a difference. Try weighting one in the rear end etc...

Custom baits are very very addicting.

Like the sig too.

Thanks Harrison!!! That's a good point! The eyelids are screw on type and I use glue on the thread to secure them.... On my next prototype will definitely space them out and put one closer to the end.... Next one will be a jointed one :)

i like them jaques they look nice! i dont see why they wouldnt work!

Thanks Matt!!!

Another set of hooks in the rear end...

Thanks Beans!!! That's another possibility!

I agree also. Put some hooks on the end, but more often than often, they will hit that thing dead center. The only thing is that the hooks wil be easier to spit. Give it a shot and get back to us. I'm not sure if bass will be active on the top water at this time of year but the pike and musky will be.

Thanks Johnny Bass!!! Will report back the results for sure :)

Second set of hooks should be in the rear. Often the strike is a follow/ grab from the tail. You'll miss the short strike.

Thanks Bruce!!! That would be the perfect spot for those finicky followers and light biters!

Nice going there

Thanks LeXX!!!

Nice custom baits!

Thanks Dusky!!!

Since today is gabage day...no they won't work... so just set them on top of your garbage can, And i'll make sure there taken care of ..... ;):Gonefishing:

Hey Paul.... I left one on your door step late last night.... Did you see it on your out this morning??

Nice baits Leechman! I second adding a tail trebble, and the feather is a nice little addition also.

Can't wait to see your results out on the water.

cheers,

Ryan

Thanks Ryan!!!

HEY!

why did you make 3 of them!

is one for me???

never had a spook befor!!! :whistling:

AWESOME! The master craftmen at work! :worthy::worthy:

Thanks Kev!!! One is for use and the other two are for backup :whistling:;):lol:

They look like great baits Jacques! You should do well with them. Curious of one thing though...why have you added a 'T' to your sig. on the baits?

Thanks Roy!!! Damm... you noticed :wub::wub: No spell checker at hand at the time :lol: :lol:

Funny thing is, I only noticed it when I had put the second coat of varnish over :wallbash::lol: :lol:

OK "T" for trademark :lol:

Good wood work. Next time you need to use an Exterior wood finsh varathane, A nice air bush would look good to. next investment for ya.

I'll like it.

Thanks xkempx!!! My father in law has one of those air brush..... may be I can borrow it for the next bacth!