Superior Steel - Tribs Report

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

rivers are chocolate milk after substantial rain.

fishies!

004-6.jpg

But some Clear Up REAL fast,...Im sure quite a few guys on here know what Im sayin. Its all about the beds, sand, silt, clay and gravel all settle at different rates. I have seen some rivers clear up in a matter of hours actually while I was fishing them. If anyone mentions any trib names here,..you are a true IDIOT!!!

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

one of the few other pics today when it wasn't raining, snowing, or both!

factor in the 25-30k winds coming off superior and she was a tough day to control a float... small pebble tribs further north were running much clearer... with the exception of the leafs swirling everywhere in the pool!!

winger-1.jpg

Edited by Dr. Salvelinus

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

their run is mostly done. despite all the rain this trib was still real clear however. beautiful salmonid stream.

Edited by Dr. Salvelinus

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

this is what prepping for steelheading sounds like...

early bird gets the worm right?

nothing that timmy ho's, baileys, and some good tunes can't fix!

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

yeah. up into the trees. makes picture taking SUPER hard because there isn't anything to do with the fish but grab them. i got this photo using the ol' wabos rock tripod.

The doc has the wrong build for effective wading.

On the other hand my fat ass can remain anchored in the heaviest flows.

Luc you missed an epic cross to the to the center island of the moose carcass this spring in flood. Got a couple nice fish off the inside seam of the V. But you would have ended up in whitefish bay.

ps bring a net. wading staff and excellent solo landing tool

Edited by troutologist

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

jay,

my frame is the perfect balance of weight and drag in the water for wading. place these variables upon a graph and you will see me within the optimum range. therefore, while you are catching water like a drift sock, i cut through the h20 like a sea kayak. even if i could feel my feet lifting off the cobble yesterday...

sometimes the fish are where the rubber boot army won't go.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

water in full spring flood today...unreal how much water is pumping through some of the tribs...

managed to pick up a few fish in the tailouts today. water was so dirty couldn't get a hit on roe. bumped some fish on 4" berkley steelhead worms in bubblegum, and a small crappie sized tube jig in chartreuse.

here's the little skip i took a picture of with some real nice photos my friend took to come shortly...

001-9.jpg

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

fished a few hours in gin this morning... finally got into fish by fishing jigs on a 6 foot fluoro leader...

saw one other fish caught on the river. not very large either...

here's a few pics i managed.

004-8.jpg

005-7.jpg