How are the Leafs doing so far???

muskymatt

Leafs played a good strong defensive game with more than enough offensive pressure. Luongo just didn't let up in the 3rd. If we see this again against a weaker goalie and a win will come out.

Good game for on the road.

:blahblah1::lol: to be a leafs fan you have to brush up on your excuses...

:thumbsup_anim: SHINE FLAMES SHINE :thumbsup_anim:

Well they finally won a game. First win since April 11/09, 6-3 win over the Ducks. They scored 5 of their goals on the PP, 3 of which were with a two man advantage. The refs were wearing their Leaf jerseys underneath their stripes. Some of the worst officiating I've seen this season. Start planning the parade route again :).

What does a triangle and the Leafs have in common?

They both have 3 points.

Edited by jediangler

Great win. They looked a lot more confident in front of the Monster.

As Jedi said, hard not to win considering all the PPs. I'm still a bit concerned that they can't score playing 5-5.

Nevertheless, hopefully this will be the confidence boost they need to put some into the Win column.

Well it makes sense after the memo sent out by Gary Bettman yesterday morning. I was a bit shocked but figured the league would have to step in sooner or later.. :lol:

Attention officiating staff for Leafs Ducks game

I find it incredibly difficult to deal with the Pheonix issue at hand with the embarrassment and distraction the Leafs present as being the only team in the league without a win. At this time it's in the best interests of all parties that we "level" the playing field. Therefor during tonights match up I would like to see as many 5 on 3's as possible, 5 on 4's will also do but in the event of a mass of short handed goals by the Ducks further intervention will be needed. How do you expect me to screw up the rest of the league with the Leafs grabbing the headlines? It's not fair.

G.B.

$64 ,000 dollar question right there.....

Why do '' Adults '' making million s of dollars a year need a Confidence Boost.. :unsure::wacko::dunno::dunno:

I would hardly argue that any of the guys who are 25 or less are adults. You can't build any life experience when from the time you were 5 years old you spent every free minute at a hockey rink.

Besides, what does their salary have to do with their confidence? If anything, it makes them more self-conscience considering the very fans who allow them to be paid so much will berate them if they make one mistake. They may have job security, but there aren't many professions where your day-to-day work is PUBLICALLY scrutinized.

Edited by ADB

obviously this thread is ignored for the whole time they are winless...then they win ONE game and WOW the thread is back to life and you guys are talking about the leafs again after hiding for the last 2 weeks LOL

Uhmm.. No it wasn't?...

Anyway it's a good thing they pulled through last night. Considering the Ducks spent half the game in the box, if the Leafs didn't notch a victory from that they would've let a lot of fans down. Thankfully they did what any NHL team should do in those cases and took full advantage. You can't blame the Leafs for the reffing. They outplayed them 5 on 5 just as much as the power plays.

They've been playing great the last few games and they were bound to get some breaks sooner or later. They outplayed the nucks the game before and would've won that game too if it wasn't for Luongo.

Start planning the parade route again :).

Okay, so we should start the parade at Front and Spadina, head straight up through China Town, swing down up College, through Queens Park, Down Bloor to Jarvis, down towards the lake, on to the Gardiner, all the way up to the 401. Lets shut down the DVP for the celebrations.

Who's with me? :lol: