How are the Leafs doing so far???

muskymatt

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

pick on somebody who deserves it....HABS FANS!!!

we sens fans used to have a great rivalry with the buds but at this point i don't even hate them anymore!

after two years of bandwagoning habs fans chanting ole, i do however hate the habs with all the passion i used to direct at the leafs.

It's Oct 13... don't get to happy about the Leafs losing

They're much better than what you see..

Just rewind to game against Mtl. That is the real Leaf team... and they fully deserved that game

They're trying to get Toskola going so they can trade him. He stinks but Macdonald is SOLID and the new swede MIGHT be ok.

They have a top-five D that is playing like crap.

They will get better... Post again in 6 weeks...

anyone know...???

Go Sens go

:jerry:

Sorry...I couldn't resist

:w00t:

As a dyed in the wool Leafs fan I can answer you, honestly, in one word - theysuckbutarecertaintogetbettercuzthatistheonlywaytheycangorightnow

Last night I was so frustrated with their abysmal performance that I changed the channel to a rerun of StarWars. At least Luke Skywalker is still a hero at the end of his 2 1/2 hours of tv time.

Teeter Kennedy et al could probably come back to the ice and do a better job, even dead.

JF

It's Oct 13... don't get to happy about the Leafs losing

They're much better than what you see..

Just rewind to game against Mtl. That is the real Leaf team... and they fully deserved that game

They're trying to get Toskola going so they can trade him. He stinks but Macdonald is SOLID and the new swede MIGHT be ok.

They have a top-five D that is playing like crap.

They will get better... Post again in 6 weeks...

You're right, but then you're probably a lot younger than me, most are, and you haven't had all the years of disappointment and frustration. We'll all come back to the fold when they win a game though, whenever that might be. My problem is that I'm already into my 60's and they're on a pace to bury me winless right now. Us oldtimers know better than to expect perfection, or even a Cup, or even a division championship and a run at the Cup. We'd settle for one win in a row right now. :P

JF

Toskala ranked 45th out of 47 goalies last year. MacDonald ranked 46th. Exelby and Komesarik are penalty machines and Beauchimen only looks good playing along side Neidermayer. Burke builds a team that would be at home in 1975 and trades away 2 first rounders and a second rounder for a little speedster that won't hit and will be lucky to play 40 games a year. Wilson is a good coach but has very litle to work with, it's not his fault but he will probably be fired by x-mas to save Burkie's job. Kaberle will gladly wave his no-trade this year to get out of town since the team is so bad. Only Stajan and a couple of youngsters on the Marlies show any promise and will probably be trade bait to get another goalie. I heard Burke's old buddy from Anaheim, J.S.Giguere is on the block. No matter, next year around the end of September, the Leaf fans will once again be plotting out the parade route after a steller pre-season.

Toskala ranked 45th out of 47 goalies last year. MacDonald ranked 46th. Exelby and Komesarik are penalty machines and Beauchimen only looks good playing along side Neidermayer. Burke builds a team that would be at home in 1975 and trades away 2 first rounders and a second rounder for a little speedster that won't hit and will be lucky to play 40 games a year. Wilson is a good coach but has very litle to work with, it's not his fault but he will probably be fired by x-mas to save Burkie's job. Kaberle will gladly wave his no-trade this year to get out of town since the team is so bad. Only Stajan and a couple of youngsters on the Marlies show any promise and will probably be trade bait to get another goalie. I heard Burke's old buddy from Anaheim, J.S.Giguere is on the block. No matter, next year around the end of September, the Leaf fans will once again be plotting out the parade route after a steller pre-season.

Most sensible thing I have read thus far (with all due respect to all others) on this topic.

I can't believe that there still are any fans. I mean we all watch because they are jammed down our throat every Saturday night by Leafs TV oops, I mean CBC.

How come Don Cherry loves to show clips of himself predicting things that come true, but has never shown the clips where he says the Leafs will make the playoffs (and he does every year)?

And is it written in the contract of the CBC that they must promote the Leafs? I mean to hear Craig Simpson ask Glen Healy "what do they need to do Glen (to pull this one out of the bag)?" When there is obviously no answer that anyone could possibly say, because the only real answer is "nothing".

Watching the Leafs and all of the TV salesmanship that goes with them is an insult to everyones intelligence. But to play the "all they need to do is trade so-and-so", or, "if only Wendall were still here, etc." is nothing short of daft.

Sorry

Jim

Exelby and Komesarik are penalty machines and Beauchimen only looks good playing along side Neidermayer.

Exactly, couldn't have said it any better. Neidermayer's work rate was phenomenal and Beauchimen's was anything but. Kessel is good for 50 points with Savard, without him we will see.........if he stays injury free :o

HAHAHAHAHAHA.......Sorry nothing gives me more pleasure then watching them lose.

PLEASE..... STOP GOING PEOPLE...its the only answer!

Agreed.

But the amount of people that actually go to a leaf game are minimal compared to the rest of us that keep the machine alive.

Stop watching on TV. That is the key. If CBC and TSN ratings tanked (even a bit) you'd have a new team in a year.

Jim

Edited by Radnine

rriigghhtt...because Montreal is the standard to measure other teams against. Other than beating the Leafs they only have one win! Saying the Leafs looked good against Montreal is like saying I should enter my Hyundai Pony in Nascar because I nearly beat a Dodge Neon at a stoplight.

rriigghhtt...because Montreal is the standard to measure other teams against. Other than beating the Leafs they only have one win! Saying the Leafs looked good against Montreal is like saying I should enter my Hyundai Pony in Nascar because I nearly beat a Dodge Neon at a stoplight.

Ouch :w00t:

Ha....too funny

To be honest I'm surprised Wilson hasn't reduced komisarek's playing time or perhaps even bench him for a period. So far he's been the worst on the team imo and yet everyone seems to praise him? He coughs up the puck more than McCabe did and takes more useless penalties than anyone in the league. Just tonight we score to make it 2-1 on the power play and less than 30sec later he takes a massive elbowing penalty to tucker who gets revenge on the scoresheet. Bench his a$$

Be patient Leafs fans... this team is in a rebuilding mode

they finnish with 88pts Boston will pick up a mediocre player that will skate on their farm team.. Leafs will continue to build ove rthe next two seaosns.. money will be freed up once toskola is gone blake will be bought out

good free agent coming this summer.... NASH!

Kadri, Nash, Kessel... Stalberg, Bozak, Hanson..

the future is bright

To be honest I'm surprised Wilson hasn't reduced komisarek's playing time or perhaps even bench him for a period. So far he's been the worst on the team imo and yet everyone seems to praise him? He coughs up the puck more than McCabe did and takes more useless penalties than anyone in the league. Just tonight we score to make it 2-1 on the power play and less than 30sec later he takes a massive elbowing penalty to tucker who gets revenge on the scoresheet. Bench his a$$

Elbow to Tucker, couldnt happened to a better man, except Alfie. Hey Id trade Hammer-Lick, SpotPuK, Webber and (except one token Markov) the Canadians have any day to have a rough nose like Komiserek. Right now, the Canadians Def is just not cutting it, WOW they havent won a game against a Western team in the West in six years. They are just too wimpy and small.

Habsfan1.jpg

Edited by holdfast

pick on somebody who deserves it....HABS FANS!!!

we sens fans used to have a great rivalry with the buds but at this point i don't even hate them anymore!

after two years of bandwagoning habs fans chanting ole, i do however hate the habs with all the passion i used to direct at the leafs.

u hate us because even at ur home games we are louder and wear more gear to support our team than the whole Scotia Bank place wears SENS stuff...We drove up bought from scalper...won in OT last year and I swear to god there were more fans for the habs walking around high fiving. Sens fans REALLY suck, even more so than the 40 year old business class LEAFS supporters. Montreal likes to be loud and party...what can I say

u hate us because even at ur home games we are louder and wear more gear to support our team than the whole Scotia Bank place wears SENS stuff...We drove up bought from scalper...won in OT last year and I swear to god there were more fans for the habs walking around high fiving. Sens fans REALLY suck, even more so than the 40 year old business class LEAFS supporters. Montreal likes to be loud and party...what can I say

Well i wouldnt brag about Habs fans too much, as soon as you do, well they pull something stupid. Remember the Riot after winning one game in the Playoffs a couple of years ago. However as far as Sens fans are, What can I say, Plastic, if Molson Ex changed the looks of their bottle, Ottawans will change brands, because, well its Preppy, went to a bar and I watched two men, I think, cat fighting, went to a hockey game, felt out of place because I should of worn a suit and watched the game with my cell phone. They deserve Alfie. Only fans that can call him an Idol.