I'm home after 5 months

lew

Howdy all

My wife and I headed for our little hideaway in the Kawarthas early last May and we just got home last night after the best summer either of us have ever had. We spent the last 5 months just enjoying life, laying around being lazy and a fair amount of travelling. Infact, so far this season I've towed the new boat 2500 miles to different fishing locations.

As usual, I spent 7 days at Lakair on the West Arm of Nippissing with the OFC gang in June, then Diane & I, along with our best friends of 35 years, went back up to Lakair again in July and rented a cabin for another week and had a fantastic time.

In August, Diane & I along with 3 other couples rented 4 cabins at Memquisit Lodge, also on the West Arm and had another absolutely excellent week.

Squid & I also fished Quinte in May, the Ottawa River in July and the St. Lawrence the beginning of October.

I"ve had a great musky season so far, although I haven't landed any real bruiser yet this year, but we've still got a couple months to go yet.

My one big project I had this summer was to put a roof over my deck at the lake and it turned out pretty good. I put louvered blinds all around so now when it rains we can stay outside and still enjoy the fresh air.

Cnv0375.jpg

I spent a huge amount of time in the new Skeeter and absolutely everything about it is excellent and I don't have a single complaint about anything. It handles big rough water with ease and the smooth ride of the fiberglass far exceeds any aluminum boat I've ever owned. The 150 HP Yamaha pushes the boat at 51 MPH (83 KPH) and the hydraulic steering is effortless, even at WOT. Sure is nice not have to content with steering tourque anymore.

I'm also very impressed with the 60", 80 pound thrust Minnkota Fortrex bowmount. Even in strong winds it pulls the heavy boat with absolutely no problems.

The huge amount of storage is excellent and the rod locker under the front deck easily holds all of my musky rods too which is a nice way of keeping everything outta the way but also very accesible when needed. It's also nice to finally have a boat where I can carry the big Frabil without it constantly being in the way.

The disc brakes on the trailer making stopping on the road a breeze too.

Cnv0376.jpg

I'm sure glad I changed my preferrences and decided to go with the full windshield and standup, convertible top. I've spent farrrrrrr too many years freezing my butt and being soaked to the bone in my tillers & side consol boats.

Cnv0367.jpg

Now that my wife has retired, were gonna sell our home here in Toronto in the spring and buy a home in the country like we've always wanted. We've had trailers up near Lakefield since the early 70's and that's where were gonna move to.

Anyways, that's enuff of my rambling, but I just wanted to stop by and say howdy and let my fishing buds know I'm back in town.

I hafta admit though, it sure ISN'T good to be home in the city after laying around the lake all summer :lol:

Welcome back Lew!

I am glad that the boat has worked out well for you.

It sounds like a great summer of friends and family. It seems like all there is left to do is to head somewhere warm for the winter (once you call Muskie closed for the year).

Jim