Erindale Park Report

mbosh1980

Hey yall, I just got back from 3 hrs at erindale park. Was trying to look for steelhead. Not sure if they are up or not yet, I have a feeling I was early. Managed to tailhook a dead salmon on my first drift...barf! Oh and it had been sliced open and just thrown in the water by the way.

Then I went to the shale cliff area...more dead salmon...also butchered and left to rot. Found one not far away completely fileted. What is wrong with people?

I actually saw a few live salmon but they looked in rough shape. I made the choice not to cast anywhere near them. It didn't really seem sporting, you know? Actually for how long i was down there I think i must have only done a dozen or so casts.

Lots of litter down there...threw out someones trashed net and a bunch of cups and cans on my way out.

All in all a pretty sad day. Made me sort of ashamed to be carrying a rod down there as most of the mess was obviously angler related.

I don't think I'm ever going river fishing in fall again. Personal choice.

On the plus side I saw a deer from about 15 ft away. I somehow snuck up on it as I was going through some brush. Not sure who was more suprised...

And I got to have a nice chat with some older ladies who came to watch the salmon. It was nice to be able to share some of my (very very very limited) knowledge with them, and we all must have went on about other topics for about 20 mins or so. So hopefully I gave them a positive interaction with an angler.

take er easy!

firstsalmon.jpg

deadfish.jpg

dyingfish.jpg

Back in the 70's and early 80's the Credit was awesome.

Then cam the crowds and the crap. :angry:

I pretty much stopped fishing the river by the end of the 80's early 90's.

I couldn't handle the Bull anymore. :(

Remember going there with my pop and grandfather back then,70,s drift.Great times back then.

I found later as many,it became worse and worse. The place to fish would be the clay banks.There, snaggers were jumped on right away,and would leave the area,to snag somewhere else. :Gonefishing:

You don’t like it, great! Shut up, stay home, and complain….leaves me more space to for me to fish and catch Browns and Steelies all day long. :blahblah1:

nice attitude

make sure you toss your coffee cup on the bank when your done for the day too

Edited by mbosh1980

I used to fish Erindale in the 80's and 90's, never in Oct. but once the Chinooks were done and a good rain had purged the system of their carcasses, the loogans were for the most part were gone and the roads heading to GBay were getting treacherous at 5am with ice, I would slum it on the Credit. Fishing was actually pretty good with browns and bows with the later running Coho back then a bonus, crowd wise in Nov. and Dec. no worse than Thornbury, both in numbers and idiots. I've recently retired and thought I would give it a go again as it would be within my capablities health wise. Hope I am not setting myself for disappointment, you guys are not sounding all that encouraging.

And where did I infer that I also litter, or condone that type of behavior? I don’t drink coffee, but I like to toss in a shopping cart from time to time.

that was you?!? were you the one who threw the picnic table in at the icebreaker too?

my point is the place was a mess, and it was pretty much obvious it was anglers who were doing it. The public will infer that all anglers are pigs thanks to the actions of a select few. I don't like being painted with the same brush as those people, and judging by your reaction neither do you.

:thumbsup_anim:

you got that right,go fishing to relax.havent been to bronte or erindale in years.I used to clean up at bronte.what good that did.as for erindale and the fighting they can keep it. Ryerse is my choice for the area, nice and quite,even better fishing on a snowy day,clean woods and shoreline.since our cos are busy,a fisherman superhero would be an idea, or even a fisherwomen like wonderwomen would really enhance our day of slow fishing. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

you got that right,go fishing to relax.havent been to bronte or erindale in years.I used to clean up at bronte.what good that did.as for erindale and the fighting they can keep it. Ryerse is my choice for the area, nice and quite,even better fishing on a snowy day,clean woods and shoreline.since our cos are busy,a fisherman superhero would be an idea, or even a fisherwomen like wonderwomen would really enhance our day of slow fishing. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

she could wear fish net stockings and have the capabilities of master hooker? :dunno: