How's the balance for the Curado with Cumara?

mojobass

Hey guys,

I was just wondering if anyone here in the forum own this combo. I'm currently using a St. Croix Mojo Bass rod with the Curado but find the balance fairly off and the set-up to be tip heavy. So if anyone owns or had a chance to fish this combo please let me know what you think about it because I was planning to get match my Curado with it. Thanks!

Edited by mojobass

It will depend on which model and length you go for but there will be a substantial difference in overall weight and balance with the Cumara. They are very tip light compared to any other rod currently made by Shimano which says a lot and are under 5 ounces so you will be looking at less than 12 ounces for a total combo weight.

One thing you will also notice right away is how much power they have for a small and super light blank. The IM-10 graphite is very responsive and has a ton of backbone.

JP

That sounds fair enough, I was always curious about the Cumaras and I have heard nothing but good things about them. I might make a trip to BPS sometime this week and get a better feel for it before purchasing one. Thanks for the quick reply.

i presently have 3 of the cumara's two of them paired up with the curado's and one paired up with a citiac......well i wish i didnt buy the citiac......the curado's set up is just an awwwwsome feel in your hands....cast all day without probs....light evenly balanced ....ive got three more ordered.......cant wait till they come in.....cheers and enjoy