lake trout limits!

pike slayer

haha i like your thinking Dara! sorry gcd!! alot of non-resident anglers abuse our resources, im not saying al but theres a good number that give them a bad name. i tell you if an american asks me for directions, i'll guide them to a mud puddle.

Awful broad statement :rolleyes:

I guess you've never met the majority of us

The only reason we here that americans get caught is because they have to go through the borders and get dinged there...most of the non-resident/amercians that i come across hunting and fishing up here are amazing...and feel actually privilaged to even be fishing up here. I can tell you for certain that the most damage from the lakes and resources is due to the locals...thats why most people wont tell you where they were fishing, or they will just direct you to Wawa Lake!

And like the Doc adn Trouty (most are the same)...i know of a lot of natural lakes that will never see stocking and where the lakers meat are red like candy and just as good as the specks...

Hey guys. I was not suggesting for a second that non-residents do not care for and respect our resources.

I just put it out there for discussion that possibly a way to not limits our seasons or catch limits would be to eliminate non-resident fishing.

Anders, I agree with you, and the Doc and trouty...a lot of locals really rape the fishery. Limits every weekend, and more. But we live here, what else is there to do. Go live in southern ontario and all kinds of government money is spent for recreation.

We gotta pay to go for a walk in LSPP. Very little stocking is done up this way. There is plenty more the MNR could do for fishing if they had a bit better budget. Cutting seasons and limits is the cheap way out.

I'm babbling, but I don't think that cutting into our recreation is the way to solve the problem in this neck of the woods.

In the winter we dont have to pay to use the park...just the summer, however, i dont frequent it at all during the summer...as it is a tourist mecca...I wont elaborate much on this, but Maquan is getting crushed...not to digress...but im sure its residents...could be wrong...your right though dara up in this neck of the woods, there is not much to do, other than fish or hunt, but i dont really see the limits going down as a deterent..it shoudnt be...

If the mnr wants to reduce a limit, it should be the pacific salmon...but we all now that will never happen

Man they really need to shut down Maq to fishing for a year or 2 or make it a no kill lake. I think that 1 over 40cm and 1 under just makes people keep those trophies.

Its amazing the pressure it gets on opener and closer. Not many lakes I've seen that produce consistent size like that once did.

On a side note. Nothing like a nice 5km walkon the snowshoes to weed out the crowds and resource abusers eh? Fish all winter and see a few other folks, maybe Roger will stop by for a heli-visit. No sleds, no litter sometimes a broken trail that goes to the right place!

Man they really need to shut down Maq to fishing for a year or 2 or make it a no kill lake. I think that 1 over 40cm and 1 under just makes people keep those trophies.

Its amazing the pressure it gets on opener and closer. Not many lakes I've seen that produce consistent size like that once did.

On a side note. Nothing like a nice 5km walkon the snowshoes to weed out the crowds and resource abusers eh? Fish all winter and see a few other folks, maybe Roger will stop by for a heli-visit. No sleds, no litter sometimes a broken trail that goes to the right place!

Truly is a remarkable place....next time they "drop" in i am either jumping in with them, or sending my gear for a ride

Guest ThisPlaceSucks
Truly is a remarkable place....next time they "drop" in i am either jumping in with them, or sending my gear for a ride

For sure! The day he saw us all up there i had a lot of crap in my bag! just hand him the bag and the auger and say "can you guys just drop this off at the dodge parked on the highway?"...

i can't wait for opening day! i have a date with lspp brookies jan 1st and some of those NATURAL fmz 10 lakers on the 3rd.

For sure! The day he saw us all up there i had a lot of crap in my bag! just hand him the bag and the auger and say "can you guys just drop this off at the dodge parked on the highway?"...

i can't wait for opening day! i have a date with lspp brookies jan 1st and some of those NATURAL fmz 10 lakers on the 3rd.

Not taking the new bride out for Newyears?

She knows new years day is opening day!

first reason of the year for marrying her eh

I bet she is lobbying with the MNR to make opening day Feb 15th...she is the one behind this laketrout thing :o

Edited by Dara