Ebay and fishing gear

glen

I have been checking Ebay for fishing gear. What a waste of time that is. You can buy reels brand new for what people are paying.

Who is buying that used crap with a burnt drag for almost new price? :unsure:

I have been very lucky at buying from e-bay.

I have bought several reels such as Steez, Calcuttas and Curados through e-bay.

I will only buy them brand new in box(BNIB)

Jose

Two or three years back I bought a 5" Adcock Stanton for $125 shipped to my door from England, and also a JW Young Purist 2050 for $100 to the door, also from England. Both run excellent, and were fantastic deals.... just keep your eyes open and you can find some really great stuff for cheap....

Burt :)

u REALLY gotta search around for the deals.. i have bought several rods reels and tackle off ebay. i go in looking for what i want, with a price in mind. if it goes over that price, i look else where. i got a brand new quantum catalyst spinning reel for $43 shipped. that reel sold for $169 in stores around here. picked up a brand new abu garcia revo premier for 170 shipped. plus many other deals on other reels, rods and tackle.

one thing to keep in mind is the exchange rate!! it can be pointless buying things if the rate is way off.. i bought a lot of things when our dollar was worth more thehn the US dollar, saved a ton of money and got some sweet deals!

I have bought and sold a ton of gear on Ebay.

I have purchased 4 sage fly rods, about a dozen reels as well as rod building supplies and lures all at prices 25% or more below retail.

Plus I have made a bunch of $$$$ on gear I have purchased at farm auctions.

Two items that come to mind are a couple of spinning reels I got at one auction (BNIB Mitchell 300 and a used Record reel) that were sold at a 500+% profit!!!!! :w00t:

It was much easier to find the real deals in the beginning, but if you are patient there are still some good deals to be had.

You have to know what you want and be patient about finding it. You might not find it this week or the next at a price you want to pay, but that's what winters are for --- patient browsing and shopping. :)

One thing to watch out for is shipping cost. Sometimes excessive shipping can turn a good deal into something to avoid. Never assume that U.S. shipping cost and shipping to Canada will be similar. Some sellers charge much more for shipping to Canada. If the ad doesn't say, send an email to the seller.