single or dual console

ld17

I have a single (center console) and there are many times I'd like a full windshield and top.

I'm currently refurbishing mine and I spotted a full windshield on sale (50% off). Thought about it, planned for it and when I went to pull the trigger, it was out of stock.

I would probably be better suited with a full windshield and top because while I'm not 80, sometimes I feel that way.

Having the windshield and top can extend your fishing day... those cold rainy spring and fall days are much more comfortable.

If you're casting 80% or better, a top might be a pain in the butt all the time.

What kind of fishing do you do and what size boat are you looking at?

I have a single and love the room and the ability to run about. While there are times I envy the full top full winshield crowd (mostly when I am a passenger in my own boat), I have never wished that I went the other way. There really is a lot of room in a single.

Jim

I owned a bassboat for 15 years with a dual console. Protection from the elements for your passenger, and a safe, handy glovebox for keys, wallet, gloves, sunglasses etc. I now own a single console 17ft Lund and really miss that glovebox, and my passengers keep reminding me of how windy it is, even at 40 mph. Anything smaller than 18ft and I don't think you have enough room for that second console. Personally I don't care for the full windshields, I feel they really cut down on the space to move around, especially when 2 anglers are getting up at the same time

It's all a matter of personal choice, of course. If you mainly fish alone, then don't bother...if you have kids, they definately need protection. Good luck with whatever choice you make.

if your gonna have friends and family out with u more often then not, go with the duel console. i can tell u that it is so much nicer being in a boat knowing there is a little protection for the passenger!! and if u have kids, they will enjoy the trip much more having some protection from the wind!

full windshield with top for spring,summer or fall.

early morn spring ,summer ,fall is cool to cold, and mid day summer the sun just kills me.

windshield cause i dont like eating bugs anymore, and we beach the boats , it's all sand so we normally dont use a dock, so the guy sitting in the pass. seat with a single console gets sand blasted in the face at top speed, from everyone getting in and out of the boat off the bow.

I looked at a single console, but then I looked at my wife and bought the full windshield :D I am sure glad I did because I don't have to worry about the weather.

BTW took the wife out for a 20km cruise today on erie and stayed nice and warm ;)

great advice guys thanks. I guess the boat would be in the 17.5-18 foot range. I really don't like the look of a full windshield, but do like the look of the dual with sport shield. I like that you get more room with just one console but realize 2 gives more protection. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I just would hate to make a mistake. I do fish with my wife from time to time so I'm sure she'd like the protection. Ok looks like I will end up going for the dual in the end. Thanks again.

My first boat was a tiller great on nice days.Now I have the full windshield and foul weather top wouldnt buy another boat without it.Early and late in the season is really when you notice the biggest difference ,been fishing many a time up at the cottage when my buddies have headed in with there boats way before us just to get out of the elements, I just put the top up and keep fishing.Plus I do 99% of my fishing with someone else in the boat so that was a consderation too when I bought it.Mine is 17.5 ft and have plenty of room even with the top on