NF Fossil hunting

bucktail

This area tends to yeild up mostly all aquatic fossils as it was under water for a few million years. Try the McMaster Paleontological site. It has some interesting reading and list several open quarry sites. I haven't been in years so I wouldn't want to presume any are still open to the public. I'm in Oakville and any time we head down to Coronation Park for anything I'm always amazed at the fossils I find right along the shore. I've picked up a few nice Nautoloid samples. Pretty much snails and corals is what you'll find. Trilobites are neat finds and pretty common.

Loads on Google under Southern Ontario fossils and Niagara Escarpment fossils

A good starting site that has some local sites around niagara way.

http://www.fossilsites.com/STATES/ON.HTM

The Halton Hills conservation arae has some great caves and exposed rock structure but they don't like excavating

Kind of funny what you find when you play in the dirt and with rocks, while putting my back yard in I found arrow heads and spear points made of flint. No dinosaur bones though. The dang Cleveland Indians must have started by me.

iF you are not adjacent a body of water you may have built on a burial ground.

No, 25 miles from lake erie about 12 from Chippewa lake, the biggest natural body of water other than Lake Erie in the state. Everything else was made after we killed off or kicked out the indians. No clue as to why they are here or how old, people seem to find a lot of them in this area though. Farming activity over the year has probbly damaged a lot of them, or else throw outs? damaged in the process of making them? Just too many to be from hunting activity.