Red River Greenbacks

troutologist

Out in the boat again today. Fishing was great and the weather was decent as well. At the end of the day at the launch there was a big lund somewhat conspicuously sitting above the launch with out a trailer. 3 lads were lingering looking obviously impressed. No pics of that, didnt want to rub it in.

Ended up with around 20 sauger and 4 walleye

Biggest eye weighed 10lb 4 oz Big fish.

All my fish came in 20-22fow. Some people were catching shallower. Jig and minnow.

The view

Pics_006.jpg

Nice eater

Pics_0041.jpg

Big fish.

Pics_0012.jpg

Pics_0013.jpg

This basically is the poster shot for needing to buy a tripod

Pics_0032.jpg

Heading back out tomorrow.

Cant wait!

Wow you certainly didn't waste any time getting your new toy out on the water eh :whistling:

Good job on the poster shot :thumbsup_anim:

They say that the more you take pics and pose in front of the cam.... the results gets better :whistling:

Great report, fish and pics troutologist :thumbsup_anim:

Some real good looking eyes :clapping:

Good luck tomorrow!!! and thanks for sharing

Leechman

Those are some real nice walleye! Those 'greenbacks' surely are more silvery/greenish than the gold/yellow ones seen out east here. Real nice job getting the boat and fishies there. Apparently some big crappie can be found in those waters at the right time. Thanks for sharing this :Gonefishing:

I was trying that out today, still trying to figure out where I need to stand to incorporate the fish and cut my ugly face out of the pics.

Somewhere at work I've got a mini tripod that would balance nicely on the front seat, my small digi cam seems to want to tip over taking good pictures of the sky and seat fabric.

You know, Winnipeg I think is a great place that is close to some fabulous fishing. What, Kenora is a couple of hours away, Red Lake, Rainy Lake, Lake Winnipeg and those Rivers up north. What an hour and a bit. Then there is the Red River, Biggest Cats in all of Canada. You just got to hope that it doesn't end up in your Basement. Im curious though, have you fished any other bodies of water around Winter-Peg? How were they? Love your reports, keep em coming

Edited by holdfast

You know, Winnipeg I think is a great place that is close to some fabulous fishing. What, Kenora is a couple of hours away, Red Lake, Rainy Lake, Lake Winnipeg and those Rivers up north. What an hour and a bit. Then there is the Red River, Biggest Cats in all of Canada. You just got to hope that it doesn't end up in your Basement. Im curious though, have you fished any other bodies of water around Winter-Peg? How were they? Love your reports, keep em coming

Fished the red a number of times for cats and walleyes. Also been to Lac du Bonnet on the Winnipeg R system lots of sauger and eyes, saw a few sturgeon caught there too.

The more I look into things the better fishing opportunities look. Im anxious to get out towards the Duck Mtns and get after some tiger trout. I also hear some great things about laker fishing in clearwater lake (by the Pas). If there's one thing that makes me mad is exploring new lakes and streams only to find there are quite a few fish in them!!

Fished the red a number of times for cats and walleyes. Also been to Lac du Bonnet on the Winnipeg R system lots of sauger and eyes, saw a few sturgeon caught there too.

The more I look into things the better fishing opportunities look. Im anxious to get out towards the Duck Mtns and get after some tiger trout. I also hear some great things about laker fishing in clearwater lake (by the Pas). If there's one thing that makes me mad is exploring new lakes and streams only to find there are quite a few fish in them!!

To think that I travel 2.5 hours to my trailer then add an hour to some fishing, if Im not mistaken you can reach Kenora in the amount of time, settle in, launch and then be at a fishing hole. Awesome.