Sturgeon Lake Muskie Fishing.

ccmtcanada

We had all day Saturday freed up so that we could hit the water somewhere. So, we got the boat ready to go Friday night...and decided on hitting Sturgeon Lake...for two reasons. One, we are comfortable with that lake...and have had some pretty good results fishing for muskie there, and more importantly, we wanted to go and see Big Cliff and Sue.

So, we left the house early and were on the water by 7am. The winds were calm...it was a balmy 5C, and the waters were surprisingly clear after all the rain the area got in the past 36 hours. We weren't sure where they'd be, but our plan was to find some waters in the 8 to 10 foot range, with some nice weeds...then move on to shallower waters if that wasn't working. All else failing, we'd hit the deeper 20 foot parts and troll deep to see what we could stir up.

I know I'm going to get slammed here, but let's just say I was a great fishing guide on Saturday. I was great at getting us to perfect fishing spots so that BLY could catch some...LOL.

She landed 3, and had another 3 follows...one of them struck her bait 2 times on the retrieve! I had one measly follow to the boat. You gotta love muskie fishing...here we were, in the same areas...throwing the same baits...and one catches, while the other doesn't. There wasn't anything in particular that they preferred this day...they hit both body baits and spinnerbaits equally.

Anyhow, on to the pictures...nothing big, but a great day none-the-less.

01muskie.jpg

02muskie.jpg

03muskie-1.jpg

Same fish as above...different angle.

03amuskie.jpg

I suppose I asked for it. I posted a thread last weekend complaining that no matter what I fished for, all I caught was pike. Gotta be careful what you ask for...I should have said that I wanted to catch muskie while muskie fishing. As a result, I didn't catch a pike...but I caught a smallie. :blink:

04bass-1.jpg

Around mid day, we cruised slowly past Big Cliff's place, and saw he was out working in the yard, so we stopped by to see if Sue was up for visitors. As it turned out, she was up to have a little lunch, so we got to see her. The last thing we wanted to do was disturb them if she was sleeping. We had a great little visit...and it's good to see her back on her feet again. Take care Sue...and Big Cliff too...you are in our thoughts...and please remember to call if you need anything at all!

Edited by ccmt

Great report, fish and pics Cliff :thumbsup_anim:

And don't worry, this time I won't be razzing ya :lol:

You and bly certainly got to spend quality time together and got into some beauties :thumbsup_anim:

Way to go girl.... those are some fine gators :clapping:

Good on you guys for stopping by to see Big Cliff and Sue.

I'm sure that they appreciated your visit :clapping:

Again great job you guys and thanks for sharing

Leechman

Oh and by the way.... that is a good looking smallie Cliff!!!

Lemme guess, lemme guess!!! Y'all were actually targeting Smallies, so Bly's catches were incidentals and she was actually skunked on the targeted species!!! :w00t:

Man! I knew that trash talk you did in your last report about your fish eating her 2 in one gulp wasn't going to be good for you in the future Cliff!!! ;)

Looks like y'all had a real good day out on the water... but dangit man that looks cold!!!

One question... who was fishing the back of the boat and who was on the bow?

Glad to hear Big Cliff and Sue are on the mend, thanks for that update Cliff!

Thanks for taking the time to post that great report Cliff :Gonefishing::canadian::thumbsup_anim: ... I know you were "biting the bullet" while writing it! :lol:

And she did it without any coloured nail polish. :P:clapping:

Fine report Cliffy no crying now you did land a fish GlennK and I went out yesterday and as usual I caught Pike he caught the nice bass and some Pike.

Oh ya was it ever cold fishing in the rain the sun came up the wind picked up but we enjoyed the day.

WTG Bly nice fishies without nail polish. :clapping:

And she did it without any coloured nail polish. :P:clapping:

Ummmm... maybe that's the ticket.... Cliff needs to be wearing some sexy nail polish :P

I gotta hand it to you Cliff.... two weeks in a row,,,, you get out fished by BLY... and then you come here and TELL us about it :huh:

I dunno....

i think there is something fishy going on behind the scenes here... :P