Finally... 10/11/2009 Hamilton Harbour

Good Morning everyone!

Raptorfan and I have been going to Hamilton Harbour and Bronte Pier almost everyday since last Saturday, and have been getting skunked every single time.

We went last night to the Harbour and casted for about an hour and I lost my favorite spoon, so we decided to move to Bronte.

There was maybe 3-4 people fishing there. That should have been a sign. The water was murky as crap and couldn't see anything.

So anyways we headed back to Hamilton after about an hour at Bronte, and Raptorfan decided he didn't want to wash lures anymore so he headed home.

I figured since I was there I might as well cast a few.

Soon as I got to the regular spot, I looked in the water and saw at least 5 rainbows darting around. They were nice size too.

I casted for about an hour and had one hit but nothing exciting. So I decided to pack it in.

As I was walking back along the pier, I was looking in the water with my headlight and I saw 2 rainbows just chillin on the edge of the rocks.

I figured,.. what the hell.. lol. unpacked...... and then it unfolded..

Here is the charging of the spoon with my Blackberry Camera Flash :)

img00266200910110243.jpg

Cast it about 25 yards past the 2 rainbows, it hits the water, they bolt away, possibly towards it...

I like to let the spoon sink a little before reeling, so it was sinking for maybe 2-3 seconds.. tap... TAP.. SCREEEEEEEEEEECH.

I fought it for about 10 minutes before I saw its face. I would have bet a million dollars it was a rainbow.

Nope!

img00268200910110257.jpg

img00271200910110259mts.jpg

img00279200910110305.jpg

img00277200910110303.jpg

img00270200910110259.jpg

I had to jump down off the pier onto the rocks below to land it, as my net didn't quite reach.

I hauled her up to the pier and climbed back up.

I got the hook out and weighed her quickly. 21.8lbs.

I put her back in the net and jumped back down the rocks, then I tried to revive her in the water but she went belly up. :(

I was sad because I am normally a catch and release guy., So I had to take it home.

I woke my girlfriend up at 3am to take these pictures lol. She wasn't too happy :)

img00282200910110423.jpg

1033036.jpg

edit: heres a vid of the measuring.

http://www.screenshotoritdidnthappen.net/1...lmonMeasure.wmv

Also my rapala measuring tape was 36 inches, and it went right from the edge of her mouth to the tip of her tail.

21.8lbs, 36 inches... my personal best any fish.. lol..

Finally got to sleep at 7am after cleaning it and putting it in the freezer. I am so tired right now.

I think I need a nap before we go back tonight!

Edited by Ultyma316

Congrats on the PB!!!! So you woke up your g/f and showed her a 21 pound salmon? LOL. I thought that smile inside looked a bit strange...sort of that "Thanks Honey...I'll make it up to you" kind of smile!!!!

You put a lot of effort and hours into that fish...you totally deserved it!!

Congrats :thumbsup_anim: You really caught a beauty. So now I know why I have never had any luck down there, I have to go fishing in the early, early hours of the morning. Maybe that's what I should be doing when I'm up at this time (3:30 AM) and can't sleep.

lol.

Yeah it seems the most action is in the middle of the night/morning.

:)