Dave Mercer fishing LSC?????

Handlebarz

so yesterday I was fishing LSC with slowpoke on our way back to the dock I could see something floating in the distance as we headed up river as we got closer I pointed it out to Brian could it be, would we see, did we share the same water with him, was he here, I felt like Charlie Brown waiting for the great pumpkin as we got closer we knew that we had just missed him we missed Dave Mercer how could it be we were just to late I don't know by how long as we did not get close enough to check out the sighting first hand to look for steam we did how ever check out the hunters and others lurking around I know i could feel him watching I could here his laugh coming from the bushes it carried over my motor I could here him say come on man drive over drive over in a voice kinda like you would here a person use to put you under a spell. I resisted his trance and just took out my camera this is all we got we lived to tell the story and also kept our lunch down it would have been great to see Dave and Ryan I know he was also there but did not say a word he was running tape to capture the reaction of the unlucky boater that went and met Dave's work first hand.

Next time you are down here fishing guys please call ahead that is all the warning we need.

For the ones who know here is the sighting for you who don't go see Dave next time he is speaking.

Cheers Mike

IMG_6315.jpg

Oh yeah that big guy flying away he made a dive to check things out and you can see what he thought of this and the white rabbit is also making tracks if ya can find him.

Sorry John but this floater got away heck we were not brave enough to get that close to see I figure if the birds stay away that is a good sign for me

Hey, you can hardly be blamed. After Dave telling that story I doubt if anyone will ever pick up a stray minnow bucket again, at least not without looooong forceps or a stoopid buddy.

I can hear the instruction to unsuspecting (read non-OFNer hence untutored) buddies "Hey Melvin, ya wanna grab that floating bucket. Just get waaaaaay out on the bow, willya? Oh, and before ya bring it aboard ya might as well check to see if'n there's any minnows worth using - and just in case they're all gone bad and need to be dumped keep the pail well outboard. Saves energy ya know." All said as he holds his fishy smelling hand over his face - just in case.

No offence, Dave, but poop is poop, even when it comes from celebrity bums. A rose by any other name doth smell as sweet - and vice versa. I'm from the festival city, hence the bardish quotes.

JF

Hey, Hey, Hey!

That was not me! I only use the yellow buckets they are safer and easier for someone to find lol!

Funny thing is I would have never imagined how that story would spread after I told it. I think there has been a spike in minnow bucket sales since then because you guys would not believe how many minnow buckets I have been asked to sign since then lol!

I think there has been a spike in minnow bucket sales since then because you guys would not believe how many minnow buckets I have been asked to sign since then lol!

Now that's funny! I can see it now.

"Uh, Dave can you sign this minnow bucket? It's never been used *wink-wink*" HAHA