Nice day at last. New Pic Added of Bigger bass

Cudz

My wife had some work to do so I managed to slip out of the house with the kids to do a little fishing on my favourite lake.

Inspired by Knightfisher's "Knightspoons" I decided to cut the handle off a spoon in the drawer and make a jigging spoon with it.

Got out on the lake and tried it out. Managed 3 perch right away but the lure tangles more than other spoons. Anyway, I only used jigging spoons and had action for the whole 3 hours. Besides all the perch, I also managed 2 nice smallies. One was small and the other quite a bit bigger but my camera died and I had to take a pic on my phone. Now my phone won't allow me to send the pic to my email. Maybe I am doning something wrong.

2 of my girls fished and they both caught fish. My youngest (3) tried for about a minute but didn't manage anything. My eldest caught loads of perch drop shotting a worm. We shared many double headers this afternoon.

If anyone knows how I can get the pic off my phone that would be helpful. I tried seding it as a picture message but it won't allow me to connect with the net. It says error code 26. THe phone does not have a usb cable/hookeup either.

Nice day on the lake and I am not ready to put the boat away yet.

Pic of the girls with a little perch

octfishing1.jpg

Pic of the little smallmouth. Yes those are Wolverine sideburns!

octfishing2.jpg

This is my homemade spoon. Wife was not happy about me cutting up spoons.

octfishing3.jpg

Edited by Cudz

Children were put on this earth to please us... not for us to please them!!!... next time, take them out Musky fishing!!! :Gonefishing::thumbsup_anim::canadian::jerry:

lol. that is funny. Let's just say that fishing with dad for 3 hours was not their number 1 choice of things to do on a nice Saturday afternoon. Having said that, aside from caramel popcorn all over the boat and a few fights and some tears, it all went pretty smoothly. It did get cooler later but luckily I thought ahead and brought snow pants and winter jackets for all of them.

Guest Johnny Bass

Great Report. Looks like you had a full house and busy day. You must have a lot of patience to fish with 3 girls.lol Wow. Even the spoon handle catches fish. Maybe I am spending too much money on lures. I think this lure making thing might catch on.lol

hey i have the same pink fishing socks as your daughter ... :o:lol:( top secret weapon in the arsenal of fishing gear) but i think hers are more masculine then mine ...maybe the sandles create that illusion ... :dunno:

Yup better go shave dude ...lookin like a wolverine wannabe

I am not a wolverine wannabe. I am wolverine. lol

I grew it for parent teacher interviews. The principal told me to dress up. SHe meant look respectable and I misunderstood her and thought she meant dress up as a super hero. Don't think she was so impressed but the students loved it.

here is the pic of the bigger smallie. Finally got it off my phone.

octfishing4.jpg

oct_fishing4.jpg

Edited by Cudz

Great report Chris. The kids look like they're having a great time. Tell your daughter I love the ensemble, great skirt and leggings. :thumbsup_anim:

Joey

my kids insist on dressing themselves. sometimes it works and othertimes not so much.

hahaha the parent teacher / wolverine story is killing me cudz!! lol

nice fish dude. and congrats getting out with the kids for some late season action.!! my 3 year old wanted to hit the bay with me today but she's got a nasty cough so I had to leave her behind... she was pretty bummed but it was a good thing for her because I got skunked pretty hard. lol

thanks for the report....happy thanksgiving.

cheers,

ryan

hahaha the parent teacher / wolverine story is killing me cudz!! lol

nice fish dude. and congrats getting out with the kids for some late season action.!! my 3 year old wanted to hit the bay with me today but she's got a nasty cough so I had to leave her behind... she was pretty bummed but it was a good thing for her because I got skunked pretty hard. lol

thanks for the report....happy thanksgiving.

cheers,

ryan

Hey Ryan,

Find a nice day in the next week or 2 (hopefully things warm up) and bring her up here (long drive maybe). You can't go wrong with kids catching fish in the bay here. You are so close to shore that you are not really affected by waves at all unless the wind is from the east. Constant fish all day and vey close to shore and calm waters.

Nice smallies Cudz! Three hours with the girls, that's impressive! I was thinking you'd be lucky to get 1 - 2 hours out there before they were beggin to go home...I guess the constant perch helps keep'em occupied :) Good luck on the smallies tomorrow, wish I could go :angry:

P.S. You and JT hang on to those rods...it's much too cold for swimming. :D

Edited by jaydub

I am not a wolverine wannabe. I am wolverine. lol

I grew it for parent teacher interviews. The principal told me to dress up. SHe meant look respectable and I misunderstood her and thought she meant dress up as a super hero. Don't think she was so impressed but the students loved it.

now that's funny!

I hope some of the teachers dress up like a super hero when I have to go. The thought of wonder woman comes to mind... HAHAHAHA