todays fishing trip!

pike slayer

So this morning i was up at 5am and loaded the truck and my 2 buddies and i were on the highway by 6am!! we drove to burntwood lake which is 80km south of chapleau off hwy129. the sun was just coming up and we were heading off the highway to the bush rode to the lake. i shot one partridge on the road in which started the day good. i get to the lake and its beautiful, suns out, not a cloud in the sky, lake is like glass with the steam rising, theres a pic of when we got there. we trolled around all morning for walleye and only got one pike, we headed back to shore for lunch and went back out and thats when it all went wrong hahaha!! the wind started to blow and things were getting a bit nasty! then it came! a while of SNOW came over the lake and it was like whiteout conditions! we kept fishing and got 2 more pike. it was 4:30pm only 3 pike, soaking wet, and the snow only getting worse! we headed off the lake to find some shelter, dry warm clothes, and some food. We did all that and it was only getting worse and we were planning on staying in a tent!! to heck with that! we took the tent down, packed our gear, and we were getting the heck out of there!! theres a pic when i was leaving the lake! the road out was insane! the road is barely one lane, more like a 4wheeler trail and from all the snow all the trees are hanging over and you cant see a darn thing let alone where your going!! we finally made it out which seemed like forever and down the highway we went! it was like whiteout conditions on the highway and was not nice, we headed back 55km to aubery trading post/lodge hoping to stay there the night then head out for birds the next morning, they had no extra rooms so we said to heck with that!! we headed back to the ranger lake road to head back to town, it was complete whiteout conditions on the ranger and it was a lonnnnnng drive home!! this is oct.10th what the heck!!!?? ohhhh and by the way my new good year terriortries are amazing off road, i put them through everything today!! pavement, gravel, water, rock, mud, leaves, and yes SNOW and bascially all mixed into one! i highly recommend these tires!!

nice_burntwood_morning.jpeg

burntwood_white_out_after_STORM.jpeg

SNOW_oct.10.jpeg

haha ya it hit my truck just like that other white bird that just so happened to be in my way haha just kidding! the 20g 870 did him in! he was the first bird i seen that i shot and died instantly! the thing dropped like a brick, usually they go nuts, didnt even have to finish him off!