Conversion help n/f

Nanook

:dunno:

I'm looking for a new Snowblower and getting confused with the capcity ratings they advertise now.

I'm used to HP of course but dont know the conversion to c.c. or ft/pounds

Looking at 8 hp, so what would the c.c. or ft/pounds be

Thanks for any help, appreciated.

Cant 'They' standardise anything any more :w00t:

There isn't really any fixed conversion; your measuring three different things: horse power, volume or displacement, and torque. There will be some correlation, a large engine usually has more torque and more horse power, but not always.

I don't that there is any formula where you can say that a 250cc engine will have X amount of horse power and Y amount of torque.

If your contemplating a snow blower ...im going to assume you get a fair bit of snow ...personally i wouldnt own a snowblower less then 10 HP...we do get alot of snow up here but im sure when you get it ....the snowplow leaves the same amount at the end of your laneway as we get up here...( this is when youll be happy to chew right through with a 10 hp or better

Just something for you to consider when selecting a machine..

:D

Thankyou Guy's, I've been flogging a 5hp to death over the years, but it survived with TLC. Anything over 8hp would be too wide for my application. [ I dont feel like widening a pathway :o ]

A 8hp would handle my driveway easily.

Randy. That conversion link was just what I was looking for,

Thanks again