Boy's Weekend

muskeybugged

So boy's weekend at the cottage last weekend. The boy's wanted to go Walleye fishing in the nice cozy boat, and I well, have a lot of money invested in musky over the last few years - I'm going musky fishing, "Who's coming with me?"...... (Insert cricket sounds) . So no one was in my boat for this trip except me and my cradle (FisherPete Styles). Trolled around open water noticing tons of musky boat hitting the shore lines/points hard and all the bait-fisherman were out in 30 FOW. Marked all kinds of open water fish in the middle of nowhere (until my battery died on me). A little after 10 am my rod screams, bent like the Uglystik commercial. "Dang rocks" I say, figuring a ran shallow with my unit being dead. Shut the motor off to remove my snag, pull the rod out of the holder then I feel the headshake and run. Whoo! After reeling in 120' of line and two awesome jumps close to the boat she's in the cradle. 46" fish in a 48" cradle.

IMG_0637.jpg

Nice fish, congrats.

It gets the heart pumping extra hard when you're solo eh ?

Heart pumping... more of a pant soiling, when I got my first look as she submarine'd up towards the surface :o. "What do I do now?"

...Any one, Why is my pic so small?

Edited by muskybugged

Great report!!! :Gonefishing::thumbsup_anim:

You did good landing that Ski solo like that!!! :clapping:

Good job on the self timer pic too!!! :thumbsup_anim:

Yes but I lost the other 2 Musky's that were on the other 2 hooks of the lure at boat side. If I had someone with me I could have landed all 3 at once!!!

I had this little guy two weekends before as practice landing them solo and figured out the timer thing..... look familiar!

IMG_0570.jpg

Thanks for the kind comments y'all!