How to rig a jig with a trailer

LucG

I like to use about 3-4" of flourocarbon line (when tied) for my trailer hook when I use worms. Use a really small hook for the trailer hook. If your using big minnows I would go with a longer trailer hook line, depending on the size of the minnow.

I usually tie my own.........10lb Trilene XL mono.......Noose Knot at the Jig end {makes for easy removal} and a Fisherman's Knot at the trailer.

The big reason I tie my own is I can make it as long or as short as I want and choose the type and size of hook.

RFS

:canadian:

I was wondering what is the best way to rig a jig with a trailing hook.

Do most of yous just tie it on.

Pics would be great too.

Thanks

Different options for different jigs situations.

If you are using bait you can tie the trailer to the hook bend. I even do this if I'm using "plastic" worms for walleye. If you are using some form a plastic body you either need to tie to the jig eye or another "eye" if the jig comes with one.

As stated tying your own allows you to very the length to suit you and the conditions.

Some people like to go with heavier line so that it is stiff.

The treble or single hook would depend on how snaggy things are and whether you think the fish are hook shy.

Sharpen your main and trailer hooks.

Here's the jig I use in combination with the stinger...... but I can't seem to find them at CTC anymore :wallbash:

The jig's got 2 eyes on it... one at the top to tie your main line and one at the bottom for the stinger hook.

Here's the pic

DSC02586.jpg

It's my one and only I have left :blink: and got lots of use :lol:

You can use a minnow or worm with it. I think it's 1/2oz

Great for walleyes!!!

Hope this helps ya

Leechman

Here's the jig I use in combination with the stinger...... but I can't seem to find them at CTC anymore :wallbash:

The jig's got 2 eyes on it... one at the top to tie your main line and one at the bottom for the stinger hook.

It's my one and only I have left :blink: and got lots of use :lol:

You can use a minnow or worm with it. I think it's 1/2oz

Great for walleyes!!!

Hope this helps ya

Leechman

You can get the "Notrhland Sting n' Fire Ball" jig at LeBaron still for $2.85 a 2 pack Jacques. I just checked the LeBaron site...

You can get the "Notrhland Sting n' Fire Ball" jig at LeBaron still for $2.85 a 2 pack Jacques. I just checked the LeBaron site...

Right on mon ami :clapping: Thank you :thumbsup_anim:

I've been looking for those for quite some time now.... guess I'll have to head out to LeBaron B)

Thanks again GBW!!!