goodyear wrangler territory tires

pike slayer

They look like a good AS tire, although I'd pick up something a bit more offroad-ish (BFG AT, MT) etc.

The Toyo Open Country MT my oldman has on his truck are the loudest tire I've ever heard! However, they look awesome..

the dueler a/t revos billy bob posted are probably the best a/t tire going right now.. they're also about twice the price of the tires posted in this thread.

road noise? i thought that's what stereos are for. :D

i was surprised how quiet my tires are on the pavement, they make a bit of a hummmm and they are a bit loud doing large slow turns like in a parking lot. you dont even notice if your not paying attention. the tire noise will not make or break a sale for me. youd be surprised how quiet they are.

The Wrangler tire originally asked about looks very similar treadwise, I wouldn't be surprised if it's quieter than you think.

Looking at both tires again (Territory vs SilentArmor)...they're not as similar looking as I thought

I have been around light and heavy duty service trucks all my life.

Trucks that get 60k to 120k put on yearly.

One thing I can say. Is Goodyear couldn't build a truck tire to save your life.

the wrangler series being the worse.

My boss thought he was getting a great deal on tire for are fleet.

Out of 7 trucks, not one set lasted 80k.

I had a set on my z71. This truck had a very hard life.

Blew out 2 side walls and lost a tread on the 401.

this was there 6 ply tire.

My GMC HD came with wrangler class e 10 ply. Didn.t get 2 years out of the set.

I have used alot of brands in the 30 years i have driven pick ups.

The best brands I've come across.

TOYO

HANCOCK

MICHELIN.

I will use BFG's if Thier priced right.

Tread pattern is important but don't be fooled by it. The rubber makeup and internal structure are more what makes the tire.

A good winter tire will make your vehicle incredibly agile and safer in winter conditions. Do your research before you buy. This will also apply to summer runners too.

Big box stores will sell you tires but often the sales people really don't know much about how they work in driving conditions. They just like to make the sale.

Go to a reputable tire shop and give them a chance first, it's what they do, so they should sell you a set of what you really need.

The best brands I've come across.

TOYO

HANCOCK

MICHELIN.

I will use BFG's if Thier priced right.

In my limited(or long, since 1990) experience with truck tires, I will have to agree with Tybo, I have run Toyo Open Country's for years. Tried the BFG all terrains after my Toyo's got worn out after 6 yrs., but they didn't last 2 years, so went back to the Toyo's, which are still on my tired old truck.

Run Hancock on my car, impressed.

Michelin, no idea, never used them.

Sure they have tire howl, but I just turn up the stereo :lol: :lol:

The tire howl the Toyo's make didn't compare to the Gateway Monster Mudders I had on an earlier truck when I was in a 4x4 club though, or the 38" Ground Hawg's a bud of mine ran. You could hear the howl of them 1/2 mile away :D :D

there are 27 kinds of goodyear wranglers. there are 56 kinds of bridgestone duelers. all are rated drastically different on sites like the tire rack. for me - the good year wrangler silent armour is the best tire in the universe, on or off the road. huge increase in stability on dry pavement, awesome wet weather and snow performance with 0 increase in road noise. 30k and no visible wear whatsoever. got wholesale prices from a guy on the job, PM if you are in the hamilton area and interested.

I still believe they are NOISY.......here's a guy that had them on for only 5 months and is now selling them.

http://www.jeeppatriot.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16805

I read that post and the guy wasn't complaning about the noise he wants to sell them because he thinks they are heavy! E rated is a bit much for a little jeep! Ive been looking at these tires for a little while now and although they don't make it in the size I want they look good! I want something with an agressive tread yet not too loud on the hwy! So far the best tire ive found thats aggresive and not too loud is a BF AT! There are plenty of tires out there that are quiet but they suck offroad! I found the BF at to be a nice balance!

Edited by getnjiggywithit

i took them out on the highway and they were surprisingly quiet. they just got a light hummm, you wont even notice unless your listening for it. i drove 80km down the ranger lake road which is a gravel road and im a bit of a crazy driver and they didnt slide out once. and i took a rough bush road for 8km through mud,hills, loose rocks. water. where i normally had to put it in 4x4 i just walked through it in 2wheel drive. out on the lake a blizzard blew in and i had to drive back with a couple inches of snow ontop of all that crap road! they preformed flawlessly and my buddies were like WHAT!?! your still in 2wheel?? they are now sold on them. now its how well they preform on ice and black ice and how long they last.

I'm running a 2005 Toyotal Tacoma Pre-Runner 2WD with a long bed. I'm debating between the Dunlop Radial Rover RVXT's or the Goodyear Wrangler Territory. Both avail at Cdn Tire.

Has anyone had any luck running either sets. Most of my driving is Southern Ontario, roads and highways. Want to be able to use them all year.

What are your thoughts. I'm leaning towards the Dunlops right now. Tire size for the truck is recommended - P245/75R/16. The Territory's only come in a LT254/75R/16.

not sure how the truck will handle with the LT's. I do like the Mountain Snowflake rating for both tires.