goodyear wrangler territory tires

pike slayer

Yesterday i went into crappy tire to see if they still had the sale on the goodyear wrangler territory tires which are a cappy tire exclusive. for a set of 4 235 75 15s it came to $635. Boy these tires look mean! such a need lug and aggressive. they are actually pretty quiet and smooth on the blacktop! they got the snowflake snow tire approval on them. if your looking for a set of tires check them out! this weekend i plan on testing them out in the mud, rocks, and water. My buddy is suppose to be guiding me into a walleye/pike lake about 40km north of aubery falls off the 129. We have heard reports that the road is flooded, should be interesting haha!! then maybe next week snow :P time to put them to the test!!

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/4/Au...2BTerritory.jsp

Edited by worm dangler

I like the BFG AT 285 16's for the tahoe but got some blizzaks for the winter. 4x4 WITH winter tires is insane

Yup, oldman has a set of winters and runs about 500lbs of sand in the back of his truck.

I need to pick up some steelies and snows for my truck before the white stuff flies.

When my goodyear rep seen me about to put bfg at ta's on my truck he offered me the new (at the time) wrangler silent armour and i am glad he did after using them for a year 1/2 now they are the quietest all terrain tire i have ever used and have yet to have any issues getting stuck in all different kinds of terrain, in one test last year my seirra with wranglers against my bosses he had hankook snow tires i had the wranglers i kicked his butt in traction through ice snow and slush (we were all pretty suprised) in the end the biggest advantage over the bfg's is fuel mileage with the silent armours using kevlar sidewalls the bfg uses triguard sidewalls which are much heavier, but regardless which one's you use there all good tires.

there is a mail in rebate on goodyear tires untilll december 5 /09 www.goodyear.ca

Edited by ecmilley

Why do people with 4x4's acually spend the money on winter tires? Last winter I was barelling through 3-4' snow piles that the plows would create on minor streets while they were plowing the major streets. Might I add with 40% tread on my all terrains. The people in the neighbourhood loved me as they could follow my track and make it out of the street.

Why do people with 4x4's acually spend the money on winter tires? Last winter I was barelling through 3-4' snow piles that the plows would create on minor streets while they were plowing the major streets. Might I add with 40% tread on my all terrains. The people in the neighbourhood loved me as they could follow my track and make it out of the street.

Because 4x4s still need to stop!

And you'll stop better with snow tires compared to all seasons..

That's not hard to figure out.

I havent had a problem yet in the winter with mine here in Wawa. Like someone said...drive according to conditions and you will be ok.

I didn't bother arguing. No doubt winter tires do have their benefits, but its not like they make it out to be. I'd rather spend the 700-800$ on fishing equipment :Gonefishing:. If you got money to throw around then sure the winter tires are nice, but IMHO they are not a necessity.

I didn't bother arguing. No doubt winter tires do have their benefits, but its not like they make it out to be. I'd rather spend the 700-800$ on fishing equipment :Gonefishing:. If you got money to throw around then sure the winter tires are nice, but IMHO they are not a necessity.

Yeah, why put your family into a vehicle with inadequate tires for the winter, fishing equipment is much more important.

People slay me when I see someone spend 30k on a new vehicle then complain about spending $700 on snow tires and rims..

To each their own.

Yeah, why put your family into a vehicle with inadequate tires for the winter, fishing equipment is much more important.

People slay me when I see someone spend 30k on a new vehicle then complain about spending $700 on snow tires and rims..

To each their own.

Amen Bill, some just don't get it.

Yesterday i went into crappy tire to see if they still had the sale on the goodyear wrangler territory tires which are a cappy tire exclusive. for a set of 4 235 75 15s it came to $635. Boy these tires look mean! such a need lug and aggressive. they are actually pretty quiet and smooth on the blacktop! they got the snowflake snow tire approval on them. if your looking for a set of tires check them out! this weekend i plan on testing them out in the mud, rocks, and water. My buddy is suppose to be guiding me into a walleye/pike lake about 40km north of aubery falls off the 129. We have heard reports that the road is flooded, should be interesting haha!! then maybe next week snow :P time to put them to the test!!

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/4/Au...2BTerritory.jsp

Great looking tire for off road but I wonder how loud they are going from one off road track to another.....IMHO they look very noisy..........here's what my TUNDRA has for 4X4 feet........http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Bridgestone&tireModel=Dueler+A%2FT+Revo

Great off road as yesterday proved and quiet on the highway.

Bob

When my goodyear rep seen me about to put bfg at ta's on my truck he offered me the new (at the time) wrangler silent armour and i am glad he did after using them for a year 1/2 now they are the quietest all terrain tire i have ever used and have yet to have any issues getting stuck in all different kinds of terrain, in one test last year my seirra with wranglers against my bosses he had hankook snow tires i had the wranglers i kicked his butt in traction through ice snow and slush (we were all pretty suprised) in the end the biggest advantage over the bfg's is fuel mileage with the silent armours using kevlar sidewalls the bfg uses triguard sidewalls which are much heavier, but regardless which one's you use there all good tires.

there is a mail in rebate on goodyear tires untilll december 5 /09 www.goodyear.ca

I have to agree with Ernie on the Silent Armour. He put a set on my truck last year and they are as quiet as any highway tire, quieter than any tire I've had my Malibu for that matter. Last winter, I barely had to use my 4 wheel drive, the traction was that good.

Great looking tire for off road but I wonder how loud they are going from one off road track to another.....IMHO they look very noisy..........here's what my TUNDRA has for 4X4 feet........http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Bridgestone&tireModel=Dueler+A%2FT+Revo

Bob

The Wrangler tire originally asked about looks very similar treadwise, I wouldn't be surprised if it's quieter than you think.

Bob

No pic :dunno: