A Month of Toronto Northern Pike Fishing

tdotfisherman

Me and a good buddy make it a goal to try and get out fishing at least once a week.. sometimes twice if we are really lucky.

The Toronto fishery for Northern Pike is a very healthy one.. we've seen and caught a lot of good sized Pike in the last month or so..

Not too bad for a city of millions of people, and most have no idea what kind of great fishery we actually have!

NOTE: Many of the photos have blurred backgrounds. I am not a fan of doing this personally, but I do have a respect for shore anglers, and the amount of leg work it takes to find a good spot that is productive, so I will keep them blurred.. sorry lurkers..

THE REPORT:

A sight that was seen many times - Pike ON!

InWater.jpg

InNet.jpg

Measurement1.jpg

TOPike3.jpg

TOPike4.jpg

TOPike5.jpg

A very nice sized Pike... my first fish over 30" of the year:

TOPike2a.jpg

Another nice Pike - photo taken on phone.. no camera that day - a hair under 30":

TOPike6.jpg

More Pics:

TOPike1.jpg

Measurement2.jpg

TOPike9.jpg

My buddy Spence with a few... he did catch a fish that was easily 35", but I completely mucked up the net job.. sorry pal!:

TOPike11.jpg

TOPike12.jpg

Nicer sizes have started popping up more frequently in the last few weeks with the cooling water:

TOPike7.jpg

TOPike10.jpg

TOPike8.jpg

Hope you guys liked the report.. if your a GTA angler and you like Northern Pike.. GET OUT THERE.. the bite is on baby!

:Gonefishing:

Guest Johnny Bass

Very Nice! Your holds improved on the fish as you go along. The last hold is the best.lol Anyways, looks like you have those pike dialed in. Thanks for sharing.

Gah, according to the last fish census Hamilton Harbour is the most prolific pike fishery on Lake O outside of BOQ. I don't know what MNR biologist came up with that but I haven't had an sniff from an esox all year, and I'm out there atleast once a week.

I'm almost jealous of the fishing that's around what TO calls waterfront...almost jealous that is, because you'd have to go to Toronto to appreciate it :D

Nicely done all around. You have a big advantage being able to use a boat, trolling slowly and covering water deeper, as it gets cooler. The fish will get bigger right up until March 31st.

The pike in Toronto Harbourfront are obviously still doing alright.

Very nice :Gonefishing:

Great report, fish and pics tdotfisherman :thumbsup_anim:

But tell me..... what's up with the glove thing??? :blink:

Joking / joking :P:lol:

You guys sure got a great fishery down there!!!

Great job and thanks for sharing

Leechman