Commodore Bushart's Big Adventure

bushart

This is why I made sure I had my boating licence by Sept 15th.

The smallies were right where they were supposed to be.

Unfortunately I was fishin with all my friends again (myself) so picture takin was a challenge.

Today marks the day though of the biggest Smallie I've ever caught---I once caught a 5.4 lber--this guy was way bigger(fatter)

I took the best shots I could.

Finally it was big bass and lots of em.

Man I love the fall

Bushart

2008_1025trial0007.JPG2008_1025trial0008.JPG2008_1025trial0003.JPG

First of all, who deemed you Commodore???... it doesn't mean near as much when it's self proclaimed! :rolleyes:

Secondly, why can't we master the self timer on our camera?... or are you skeered poopless to show your face??? <_<

Thirdly, unless you have hands the size of "Andre the Giants"... that's a nice 4 pounder!!! ;)

Get to know your camera and it's functions... it's your friend!!!

Thanks for taking the time to post that mediocre report I guess. :P ... and congrats on your PB 4 lber!!! :Gonefishing::thumbsup_anim:

.. oh yeah, there's a thing called photobucket too... maybe you've heard of it? ;)

Edited by GCD

nice fish Bushart..... good photo's too

///////////////////////////////

I wonder why some people are so arrogant that they think they know the size of another person's fish by a picture...

oh yeah.. they post pics of fish that they say are 9 lb bass and they only look like they are 3-4 lbs... maybe THEY think others embellish their stories like they do themselves.. ;)

Splashhopper

PS.

When I go fishing by myself I don't carry a tripod and a camera manual with me either :lol:

Edited by splashhopper

I hear ya.....that's why that fish is layin on a scale

Now if I had 3 hands I could have held the fish straight--and put that tail at the 20 inch mark--over 20 if i pinched the tail and still took the pic.

What's a standard width on a store bought fish length sticker for your boat--3 inches?---this fish kinda dwarfs it--no?

Funny thing about the interweb---this whole anonymity thing---just because I choose not to broadcast every aspect of my life does not mean that I have not had many years of experience and numerous competitive success stories.

I should'nt have to qualify my pictures and stories with that.

Bushart

I hear ya.....that's why that fish is layin on a scale

Now if I had 3 hands I could have held the fish straight--and put that tail at the 20 inch mark--over 20 if i pinched the tail and still took the pic.

What's a standard width on a store bought fish length sticker for your boat--3 inches?---this fish kinda dwarfs it--no?

Funny thing about the interweb---this whole anonymity thing---just because I choose not to broadcast every aspect of my life does not mean that I have not had many years of experience and numerous competitive success stories.

I should'nt have to qualify my pictures and stories with that.

Bushart

:w00t::w00t:

Glad to see I could rev you up Bushy!!! ;)

Why don't you paint a picture of that fish and you can make it a 7 pounder!! :P

Just kiddin' Bubba, that's a nice fish! :Gonefishing::thumbsup_anim:

I didn't know you actually fished!... I just thought you liked to talk about it! :jerry:

First of all, who deemed you Commodore???... it doesn't mean near as much when it's self proclaimed! :rolleyes:

Secondly, why can't we master the self timer on our camera?... or are you skeered poopless to show your face??? <_<

Thirdly, unless you have hands the size of "Andre the Giants"... that's a nice 4 pounder!!! ;)

Get to know your camera and it's functions... it's your friend!!!

Thanks for taking the time to post that mediocre report I guess. :P ... and congrats on your PB 4 lber!!! :Gonefishing::thumbsup_anim:

.. oh yeah, there's a thing called photobucket too... maybe you've heard of it? ;)

Your still here?... dont you know, nobody bothers with you comments??

Quit wasting our time. :wallbash:

I love the fish finder pic. What model is that? I have a couple 102c units on my boat. I get decent readings like yours on my console, but can't get the bow graph dialed in. It's hooked to a minn kota universal sonar transducer. Maybe that's the problem. I was out the other day and my console graph was showing lots of archs, pods of bait and bottom structure, and my bow graph was like it was on another lake. Can't figure it out.

Anyways, you say the smallies were "right where they were supposed to be". Obviously 25 feet down, based on your pic, but other than that, what were you fishing? A big flat adjacent to a dropoff? Bait balls? Just curious. Did you dropshot the fish?

Nice job!

I love the fish finder pic. What model is that? I have a couple 102c units on my boat. I get decent readings like yours on my console, but can't get the bow graph dialed in. It's hooked to a minn kota universal sonar transducer. Maybe that's the problem. I was out the other day and my console graph was showing lots of archs, pods of bait and bottom structure, and my bow graph was like it was on another lake. Can't figure it out.

Anyways, you say the smallies were "right where they were supposed to be". Obviously 25 feet down, based on your pic, but other than that, what were you fishing? A big flat adjacent to a dropoff? Bait balls? Just curious. Did you dropshot the fish?

Nice job!

Lowrance X85

I was fishing underwater rock pile points that break fast from shore---This one in particular had some 20 but 31 fow was the magic number yesterday--could be that the outside corner was 31 though.

Very deep adjacent water was also part of this equation.

Hope this answers your question

Bushart