thieves enter 52 boats

kickingfrog

http://www.thebarrieexaminer.com/ArticleDi....aspx?e=2089731

Posted 7:00am Oct 8/09

THIEVES ENTER 52 BOATS

Three teenagers and a 20-yearold man have been charged after 52 boats at the Barrie Marina were broken into Tuesday night.

A local resident saw some suspicious males at the city marina around 8 p. m. One male was spotted climbing over the gate and then crawling along the walkway.

Officers attended and located a male hiding near a boat and another male inside a vessel.

The investigation revealed that the thieves were searching for alcohol and had entered 52 boats in their quest for booze.

Four males were arrested, including two 16-year-olds, an 18-year-old and a 20-year-old. They each face 52 counts of break-and-enter, two counts of possession of break-in tools and one count of possession of stolen property.

All four suspects were held for bail hearings.

What pisses me off the most about this. They,ll run yer ars away from the docks for fishing,but let the thieves just do as they please.

I know Im getting carried away,but this whole marina here in Barrie is a joke.

Oh did I mention Im on meds.LOL

Hopefully it'll be a lesson for these boneheads. As for the Marina, they will have to re-think their security arrangements because 1 or 2 boats is bad enough but 52!!!!! Shameful, any damages should be picked up by the marina in good faith otherwise there will be 52 customers looking elsewhere for slips/storage.

What pisses me off the most about this. They,ll run yer ars away from the docks for fishing,but let the thieves just do as they please.

I know Im getting carried away,but this whole marina here in Barrie is a joke.

Oh did I mention Im on meds.LOL

didn't need to...we can tell :D