Bow's and Birds!

Rustic-Fisher

Well Bow's anyway,

Headed out in the am for some upland hunting and river fishing, what else would you do when given a stellar day like today!

Had the gear out of the jeep in minutes and decided to wade through an area of new growth forest hoping to put up a few Woodcock with the Boxer.

. We have an understanding... I throw the stick into the heavy bird looking cover he puts the birds up with his "bull in a china shop retrieves", When it works I get a bird and he gets to play fetch LOL. (German short haired pointer comes in the spring)

Anyways, Three birds were put up, and three birds were missed :angry:. Always next week.

Decided to trade the 28 gauge for the 13 float rod and head towards the river.

fished one pool for a few hours and was kept busy with plenty on 2-3lb little bow's along with a larger fish that out played me into a log pile.

Stumbled across a uncovered turtles nest which was kind of neat.

Hoping to take advantage of the fall season again next week.

RF

Edited by Rustic-Fisher

That is classic :lol: never seen a boxer retrieve upland game before, but good on ya.

I tried that when I had my Rottweiler, he put a bird up I shot it and turn around and he was GONE. I get back home and there he is sitting outside the front door lol.