Getting School'd

Roy

Yeah...same concept as last season.

Dave Mercer made an an appearance talking about the new Rapala DT Thug.

They had a segment on all the new crankbaits. The Koppers Bluegill looks pretty good.

They all showed the new Cumara reaction bait series of rods from Shimano, which looked pretty impressive (nice and whippy tip for crankbaits) considering they used IM-10 and not fiberglass.

I only caught parts of it and just caught the tail of the part on the baitcaster question and I didn't get the name of the reel he sugested. I think the one i have is messed up a bit so thinking of a new one . anyone get that info

I only caught parts of it and just caught the tail of the part on the baitcaster question and I didn't get the name of the reel he sugested. I think the one i have is messed up a bit so thinking of a new one . anyone get that info

I believe he was holding a Shimano Chronarch. However, his main point was that any of the baitcasters that use a VBS, or variable breaking system - which is most of Shimano's line - will significantly reduce backlashes.

Hi guys,

The format has stayed the same with a few new twists. This year you will notice that all the shows are organized by technique. Last nights show was about crankbaits so we had Davey Hite answering a question on getting better at cranking, John Crews talking about the new Little John DD from Spro, Grant Koppers with the Live Target Pumpkinseed, Carey Bever with the Lucky Craft Flat CB D-20 in the two new Skeet Reese Sig Series colors, KVD talking about his new Mustad KVD Elite Series Trebles, Justin Poe and Bob Izumi on the Shimano Cumara Reaction Series rods, Matt Newmann talking about the new Laser Lure DD 7-9 foot diver and of course Mr. Mercer raving about the new Rapala DT Thug which is the lure we took to the water and it worked great for us.

The nice thing this year is we actually had a bit more time to put together montages of the boat and truck, launching and running with an even more aggressive graphics package plus I get to make myself look like an ass in some more bloopers at the end...lol

We have had a bunch of great feedback for the show and we always have a few that call it an infomercial but the viewers have to realize that the show is NOT sponsored or paid by any company that manufactures fishing tackle.. this show was designed solely to showcase what's new and exciting for the coming year and it's goal is to help companies get their product's information to the public.

Thanks for checking it out guys, I appreciate it!

JP

The main point is to show how to properly set up a VBS (Variable Braking System) to help you eliminate backlashes.

I liked that section I'm going to setup my reel that way tonight. Great show JP do you guys plan to have more fishing on the show this year? Or perhaps a cameo on Dave's show? B)

We have had a bunch of great feedback for the show and we always have a few that call it an infomercial but the viewers have to realize that the show is NOT sponsored or paid by any company that manufactures fishing tackle.. this show was designed solely to showcase what's new and exciting for the coming year and it's goal is to help companies get their product's information to the public.

Thanks for checking it out guys, I appreciate it!

JP

Thank YOU for the feedback JP. :D

We really are trying to keep the format a bit different and have something unique. There are a million fishing shows out there... some are great, well produced and have a great host like Dave and others are well... there. The idea for the show was something different and that's what appealed to me more than anything! In the end of the day the setup moves along quite nicely, constantly changing pace and it's far easier for me to get the fish I need on film when I only need a few allowing me to get a couple or a few fishing segments done in one day leaving me time to concentrate on the studio and underwater stuff... I really feel for Dave since I have seen how he does it and it's not easy, he just makes it look that way! When the cameras roll it's a different game out there and he has to over come way more obstacles than I do and does it well.

The fishing time this year is definitely up from last year with 3 fish typically at the end of the show ranging from 5-8 minutes depending on the explanations and what technique I am using. Next week we are going to be featuring the slop frog technique in some crazy heavy cover so it should be fun!

The fishing time this year is definitely up from last year with 3 fish typically at the end of the show ranging from 5-8 minutes depending on the explanations and what technique I am using. Next week we are going to be featuring the slop frog technique in some crazy heavy cover so it should be fun!

The "JP on the water" is definitely my favorite part, Dave was not kidding about that DT Thug being a fish catcher. Those were serious footballs that you were catching. Well I just bought a slop frog set up this year, never really had a chance and don't really know how to fish it, so I'm definitely looking forward to next week's show!

The "JP on the water" is definitely my favorite part, Dave was not kidding about that DT Thug being a fish catcher. Those were serious footballs that you were catching. Well I just bought a slop frog set up this year, never really had a chance and don't really know how to fish it, so I'm definitely looking forward to next week's show!

Me too! Garry (2R's) introduced me to the joys of frog tossing this summer and it was a blast. Hell, we even caught some fish. The one I remember most though was an average sized Rock Bass that sucked in a plastic frog - barely. The little froggy feet were just sticking out of his yap and he looked like he was gasping for air (except he's a fish). I said to Garry if it had been a real frog I was chucking it coulda stuck it's tongue out the basses' butt.

Frogs and weeds are great fun. Bring it on!

JF