Kansas NASCAR race photos

danc

As usual, a bunch of us made the journey to Kansas City last weekend for the NASCAR race. The weather was not the best with highs in the mid 60's. Still warmer then Northern Ontario though.

Here's the gang. Half of us from Thunder Bay and the rest are our next door neighbors from Kansas. We've been neighbors since the track opened and are great friends now. Some of the Kansas guys have even come up to Thunder Bay to visit.

cup09-03.jpg

We have a fantastic view of the track from the backstretch. It's our home from Thursday til Monday morning. Can you spot the Canadians??

cup09-18.jpg

Running into Miss Sprint Cup isn't such a bad thing... :blink:

cup09-01.jpg

I had a little lens envy when this guy walked by.

cup09-02.jpg

Saturdays Nationwide race was typical with Kyle Busch leading most of the laps, only to settle for second place when Joey Logano passed him with only a few laps to go. Here's a few shots from the race.

cup09-04.jpg

cup09-05.jpg

cup09-06.jpg

Sundays Cup race was pretty good. The flyover is always a thrill to see. There were actually 4 of these jets but by the time I found them in the viewfinder they were so close that I only captured 2 of them in the shot.

cup09-2.jpg

Loganos luck ran out early when he went for a spin on lap 2 (I think)..

cup09-1.jpg

cup09-7.jpg

cup09-9.jpg

Shortly after that there was another multi car spin out. Labonte, Reagan, Waltrip and Menard were involved.

cup09-11.jpg

cup09-12.jpg

The following are just a bunch of random shots from the race.

cup09-22.jpg

cup09-4.jpg

cup09-21.jpg

cup09-24.jpg

cup09-25.jpg

cup09-15.jpg

cup09-5.jpg

cup09-6.jpg

cup09-3.jpg

cup09-13.jpg

cup09-16.jpg

cup09-20.jpg

Tony Stewart was the eventual winner. No burnout, but he did stop for the checkered flag to add to his collection.

cup09-26-1.jpg