Incredible Moose Hunting Video

TJQ

Well worth the watch... a moose gets killed so if your squeemish.. dont press play. Its a brand new video taken somewhere on Ontario... im gonna find out where.. incredible really. now I really want to go!!

Guest gbfisher

i gotta say that the last one I yelled at to get out of the way...well :blush: ...It ran at me. :o Only had one shell left.. :wallbash: No other tags

I had no other choice but to...RUN AWAY!!... :o:o:o:dunno:

either that or get rutten by a moose...... :wub:

Edited by gbfisher

I have no problem at all with hunting and REALLY appreciate the skill behind bow hunting, but i really wish the kill was faster, more-humane and more certain.

Pretty cool video though. Its pretty amazing how aggressive the bulls are at that time of year. I also really respect the skill and patience of those guys. I would've been shaking.

I love the "push him to the road part" haha..

We knocked down a bull, cow and 2 calves in one day a few years ago. 3 of them in a swamp, and friends ask for some meat!!! ya right!

Few sleeps away, packed and ready to go.

Edited by Harrison

WOW.

I cant believe they didnt take the second bull.MONSTER

Maybe thier tags were filled.

Cram I can side with you on your quicker kill. Im not sure about all hunters,but Im sure there is a sense they wished aswell.Thats hunting with a bow. Now you know why sometimes,deer hunters travel to find thier deer when shot with a bow. To me IMHO,it,s part of the sport.

Thanks boos for that vid.

Well written Cram and Misfish, hunting with a bow can be fickle at best. I have knocked deer down in 5secs, and others I thought was a solid hit went for hundreds of yards. You don't have the impact as with a rifle or shotgun, but a nice clean shot, like the one in the video, you expect a quick harvest as did the guy behind the camera. But each animal is different.

Edited by Harrison

Guest gbfisher
I have no problem at all with hunting and REALLY appreciate the skill behind bow hunting, but i really wish the kill was faster, more-humane and more certain.

Pretty cool video though. Its pretty amazing how aggressive the bulls are at that time of year. I also really respect the skill and patience of those guys. I would've been shaking.

A hole is a hole weather it's a bullet or an arrow. Same end result. It isn't for everyone or understood either.

Would it have been humane to shoot it again? More certain? It was a double lung shot. Wasn't going far.

Truth is, with an arrow it has no idea anything is wrong. It sure didn't feel that razor sharp arrow passing right through.

There's a ton of misunderstanding I guess if you haven't done it personally.

A hole is a hole weather it's a bullet or an arrow

GB,I feel there is a dif between an arrow as compared to a slug or bullet.Much more damgae is done with a firearm,IMO.

The arrow will pierce through,where as a bullet or slug will accually tear the crap out of everything. Now 00buck that will bounce around inside distroying everything. :w00t:

Edited by misfish

Guest gbfisher

sure there's more damaged meat with a bullet. :D ..but a blood hole through an animal is a dead animal Brian....I wasnt comparing how much damage is done.

sure there's more damaged meat with a bullet. :D ..but a blood hole through an animal is a dead animal Brian....I wasnt comparing how much damage is done.

Hey I,ll have ya know,ahhhhhh forget it.You wouldnt believe me anyways :P:lol::lol:

Meats meat.LOL

Wait I,ll tell ya.

My first deer I ever shot(and my pop is my wittness) I put a shot at 50 yard with a 30-06 right between a rib,took the heart and lung and out between the ribs on the other side.NO WASTE. Yes that was luck. :D:P;)

Now as for my first encounter with my first buck,Thats another story. Dang.

Edited by misfish

GB,I feel there is a dif between an arrow as compared to a slug or bullet.Much more damgae is done with a firearm,IMO.

The arrow will pierce through,where as a bullet or slug will accually tear the crap out of everything. Now 00buck that will bounce around inside distroying everything. :w00t:

There is a big difference between a bullet shot animal and an arrow shot animal.The arrow passes thru with not much knockdown.Shoot a watermellon with an arrow and the shoot one with a slug.Hydrostatic shock messes up the guts and makes jello out of insides that were not even touched by the bullet.Great video,gets yer blood pumping to be sure.

Joe