whos already thinking about ice fishing?

pike slayer

no no no...still some time left to get the boat in the water. One more trip up around here (Friday), and then the boat likely heads Niagara way. Hope to get out on the upper 3 or 4 times this fall, including a g2g for musky closer I hope. Won't be thinking about ice fishing until March when it starts to warm up! Guess I'm kind of a fairweather ice fisherman

Picture this if you can!!!... no closed seasons on freshwater fish, open water 12 months a year!!! :Gonefishing::thumbsup_anim:

... hunting season is for those that aren't worth a crap at fishing!!! <_<:rolleyes::P

It sux to be y'all eh! :P

You just keep on braggin, son. We'll just have to set up a squatters shanty on yer front yard over the winter, Dawg.

Edited by bigugli

Picture this if you can!!!... no closed seasons on freshwater fish, open water 12 months a year!!! :Gonefishing::thumbsup_anim:

... hunting season is for those that aren't worth a crap at fishing!!! <_<:rolleyes::P

It sux to be y'all eh! :P

gawd...how can you stand it. (You must be a wussy)

I couldn't live in a place that didn't have a decent winter.

Bring on my favorite season

never stopped thinking about icefishin.....LOVE IT!

just bought this little tilting 6' x 8" sled trailer yesterday for $300, ........new lights, new chains, new tyres(but i'm gonna put fatboy tyres and rims on and use existing as spares), new hitch, new decking( needs waterproofing treatment).......now no more borrowing my uncles trailer....READY TO GO!....and there was half an inch of ice on my minnow storage sytem(5 gallon bucket....lol) this morning...happy days!

PA030215.jpg

PA030216.jpg

PA030217.jpg

I'm going to do a little pre-ice fishing icefishing-type fishing on Monday. My buddy says the crappie are stacking up under the docks at his marina. We set up a fishfinder and use an ice rod and vertical jig the same as we would do in the winter. He told me that another guy we know was down last week and apparently he got over 50 in a day. My wife is dragging my to Ottawa for her nephew's wedding this weekend or I would be going tomorrow.

I'm eager to do a little ice fishing...but I know darn well that by the end of January I'll be craving the "plop...plop...plop...SMASH!" of a SMB destoying a top-water bait. I'm not ready to pull up my dock or flip over my boat just yet.

I'm in Grande Prairie Alberta this week on business and it's snowing right now (second day in a row) and it's currently -5 with a wind chill of -12 :o. Going down to -10 tonight. Roads are all ice covered.

So to answer the question of the post, yeah I've thought about ice fishing this week. :lol: