What do you want to see on DTV

Dave Mercer

Hi Guys,

I hope all is well with everyone. I want to thank everyone that has been watching the DTV segments. Some DTV segments are tips, some are news, and some are reports from fishing events. My question to all my fellow OFC'ers is what do you want to see in these segments. What can we do to make them better and is there something that we are missing? It's your chance to be my producer and tell me what to do! It does not mean i will listen but I will try.

Look forward to your feedback.

Dave Mercer

Hey Dave. I gotta tell you that when I logon I always check to see if you have a new video up. I see that on your site, I can click on "video blog" and see all of them from the beginning. Personally, I enjoy the tips, but variety is good too.

Tell me, will there one day be a kind of a compendium with all the fishing tips listed in there?

Keep up the work... and the laugh doesn't hurt either. :D

stop chuckling like a girl, and stay away from the great lakes, yes we know, they produce big fish.

would love to see segments on more local lakes ( SMALL ONES)

and yes i love your show!!! you make me laugh all the time. especially when you squirt some alive "sauce" in the mouth of a smallie, priceless!!

How about me in your boat! :)

Seriously though, I suggested this on the WFN forum sometime back when they asked about programming and still think it would make for an interesting show or addition to an existing show...

Something I like to refer too as The "Reel People!"

A show that is about shore fisher people...visiting local hot spots (TO harbor, BOQ shores and the likes for example) and talking to those fishing from land (or ice) and possibly add in those coming back in boats etc. for interviews.

Tips, tricks, tackle, equipment, what to look for in harbors or land structures, as well as etiquette, timing for fish spawning (crappy, perch...) and availbility, etc

Reading a lot of forum information over the past years, there's a lot of questions on where to fish from shore, what to use etc. And where / how better to get people into fishing, sharing the knowledge and understanding that you don't have to spend a lot of money or time trying to locate these fish and can have fun with program like this?

I know watching most of the current shows, there's a lot of glitter, expense, time and effort....it really can and would be nice to see the "grass-roots" approach once again we all learned doing and from...the mighty shore line of your favorite watering hole.

....take an adult fishing and he'll (eventually) take a kid with him!

By the way...please feel free to contact me Dave. ;)

Cheers

Paul

Your segments are great Dave keep up the good work. Maybe some stuff like johnny said, tweaking baits, favorite baits on local spots like Scugog.

Honestly your show has put the fishing world into a new and better view and I just love it. Try your best to tell us when things like seminars are and your 100%. That and it's always good to see your buddy's like JP.

5/5 on your recent and future success!

MTBF

O ans a guest once and awhile on your show would be good also!

Edited by Mike The Bass Fisher

All great ideas so far and Trout eater you will be happy because this season we did a few shows on very small water. Please remember it's not the Facts of Fishing show we are talking about here it's the Dave TV web segments that are at the top of this page we are looking for feedback on. Thanks and keep up the great feedback

This may sound inane but until I came here (OFC) I had no idea there was a difference between a Walleye Boat and a Bassboat for example. I think it might be interesting for viewers to see an overview/comparison of the different boat styles and configurations popular in Ontario. You could show examples of the high and low ends of those various types cost and equipment wise, and demonstrate what in partivcular makes them better suited to certain types of fish and fishing.

Another thing might be some good U/W video of our favourite gamefish in their natural habitat, something more than fast cuts from fish to fish as fill between show segments. I've seen a lot of them in my diving adventurers - huge catfish, carp, pike, all flavours of bass, muskies, trout, perch and walleye in our local waters - and I've rubbed shoulders, literally, with big Tarpon in Grand Cayman, touched sharks in Mexico, been lovingly embraced by a big Green Moray off the Florida Keys, etc etc. It's really interesting to watch them and to see how they interact or ignore when not being stuck with hooks etc. For whatever reason they usually just ignore a slow moving diver. I guess they think it's just a seriously ugly fish. What it means to me now as an angler is that I have a good idea of how the fish acts while grazing, hanging out or just cruisin' and that helps me to envision him responding to my lure, bait, whatever. There are some who might justifiably argue that it doesn't seem to have helped my own fishing skills but to them I can only say "Think how bad I could have been without this insight."

Perhaps a short video on the relative merits of the different styles of minnow buckets in human waste composting??

JF

Dave, I'd like to see you with a center pin in your hand (Maybe that would make for a good episode for Facts of Fishing)

:)

I'll second that!!! I saw Dave flyfishing last week, or the week before, and couldn't believe my eyes. Pretty cool seeing him wave that fairy wand and nailing fish!! :lol: :lol: I'd love to see him with a centrepin. I'm sure he'd figure it out in no time and teach some of us something as well.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

i'd like to see some quick behind the scene moments...

a day in the life of dave...since the tv program shows us the fishing, let's see your pre trip ritual, post trip ritual, how you store gear effeciently (god i need help on this), anything we don't see on tv!

Guest Johnny Bass

How about working on more lures/rods/reels with your name on it and showing how they catch fish. People just eat that stuff up. I still have a bill dance fat free shad and I dont think I hardly used it but I had to have it.lol

Edited by Johnny Bass

Guest Johnny Bass

Oh and I want to see more drop shotting. I want to get into it hard core next year.I find most shows on the subject lacking. I want to see what to look for on the fish finder. How to set it up(which most already know)and then actually jigging for it and seeing the strike and what to do.Deep water and shallow water.

1) Suggestions for the care of our reels and rods

2) Different knot methods for the different types of lines " WITHOUT A PLUG " for a manufacturer.

( yes i know that is how it is all paid for,... but geesh.... the pro fishermen can do better than those guys that just "turn left" all day and yak about their sponsors. :angry: )

3) Introduce some kids/ families to your segments.

4) Have an interactive segment or two teaching someone how to use different set ups.. ie fly rods.. bait casters .. etc

And most important.... keep doing the fun stuff you are known for Dave...

Dave, I am not sure if this is one for DTV or the show, but I would love to see how you attack a unknown piece of water. I know on one of your shows you talk about driving the lake looking at your sonar etc. But looking at at map, what are you looking for?

I love the little graphics that you have on the show to illustrate boat position etc. more of that.

I liked John F's suggestion about boat differences.

We want to be educated Dave, can you help us???

I enjoy the DTV vids. Thanks!

Jim

I'd love to see some underwater footage...its my favorite :D

I'd also like to see some urban fishing shows, like Toronto Islands,ect. maybe even from shore!

Great show either way Dave...and I'm not an easy one to please!

-Ben

Edited by Ben_Daniels