First Deer Down!

Jay T

Well so far this season I have only been able to get out once! But That is what happens when you got young kids.

I went out on Sunday and saw 9 deer all does and fawns, I had a big button buck come under me in my stand but I want this guy to grow and I don't want to fill my doe tag this early.

My bro went out last night and wasn't in his stand long and made a few grunts and a nice buck came running in, he stopped at 18 yards and offered a perfect quatering away shot. He put his pin on his mark and let fly, he smoked him. The buck didn't even know he was hit hard, he started to walk away so he grunted him and he stopped, he seen the sure sign of the tail flicking like crazy and he tipped over maybe 20yrds from where he shot him!!

So he ended up getting this nice 9 pointer.

Get out in the bush guys and girls, there are lots of scrapes and rubs, the bucks are coming in to the pre rut.

IMG_0647.JPG

Nice looking harvest.

Congrats.

Had to be a nice shot to drop at 20.

What heads is he using?

Thanks guys, this is his biggest yet with the bow.

misfish he is using Rocky Mountain’s Snyper 100 gr. I like my old faithful TriLock 3 blade 100 gr.

Nice Deer, but why blank out the hunters face?. Just curious, dont see it too often.

He's hiding his face because he told his wife he was having an affair. As she won't let him hunt. Just covering his butt :lol:

Very nice deer. Deffinately an inspiration to get out there myself. Thanks for sharing.