Little Vermilion

TennesseeGuy

Thursday morning I left home for the 1487 mile ride to Red Lake and caught a floatplane to Sportsman's around noon Saturday. We've had snow flurries, strong wind and cool weather. September was their summer and fishing was great. Weather changes beginning this month have made fishing difficult. I've been getting walleyes in 4-5 FOW. I haven't found them in most of my favorite October spots. Today I fished the only outlet on the lake, catching a few walleyes and boating 4 of 7 nice pike that I hooked. All the pike were about the same size. I got only one photo due to strong north wind, big waves and rocks coming at me. I am the only person on the water this week and am not too good using the timer with my camera on top of my tackle box. Anyway, here's the one picture I came up with. Would have boated 3 more pike if I'd been better with boat control. Maybe I need more practice.

I've been eating plenty of walleyes and had duck to go with fish last night. Moose hunters using bows did well last week and rifle hunters will arrive this weekend. I'd like to stay another week, but don't like the weather being promised to us. Looks great for hunting, but not for fishing. There are plenty of moose hanging around.

IMG_0013.jpg

WHoa, nice Pike. What did you catch him on? I wish the weather was better for you. Kind of sucks to go that far and wait that long for crappy weather. Sounds like my fishing is numbered as they are calling snow for us this week.

Weather is becoming nastier and fish are becoming smaller.

Holdfast, I've been picking up pike while fishing for walleyes with a 1/4 oz jig & 3" grub. Also got some on an Esox Cobra tipped with a small sucker.

All my previous October fishing trips have been much better than this one weather wise. I scheduled poorly. The long range weather forecast was much better than I'm experiencing.

Weather is becoming nastier and fish are becoming smaller.

Holdfast, I've been picking up pike while fishing for walleyes with a 1/4 oz jig & 3" grub. Also got some on an Esox Cobra tipped with a small sucker.

All my previous October fishing trips have been much better than this one weather wise. I scheduled poorly. The long range weather forecast was much better than I'm experiencing.

Still beats working :thumbsup_anim: