Ringwood Hatchery Chinook Egg Collection

CLofchik

So why not just applaud the effort that's being made to help out the fishery? Instead of ruining a good thread with airy comments.

As tired as you are of the "chronz" wannabes, some of us get tired of hearing the yuppie Atlantic slander.

i applaud the ringwood hatchery and the work they do for the recreation chinook salmon fishery.

i just tire of chronz wannabes always slagging on bios...

thanks for at least being civil. there's more constructive ways to debate than to call someone an asshat. then again, most of these belly achers aren't the constructive type.

i applaud the ringwood hatchery and the work they do for the recreation chinook salmon fishery.

i just tire of chronz wannabes always slagging on bios...

thanks for at least being civil. there's more constructive ways to debate than to call someone an asshat. then again, most of these belly achers aren't the constructive type.

A true MNR biologist in the making, god help recreational fishing in this province. Don't these dudes get it we are paying the bills, your salaries, and getting next to nothing for our $$$$ from the all mighty MNR biologists.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

the sense of entitlement is choking out the air in here.

thankfully there are wonderful bios out there who don't treat lake ontario like their own private stocked fish pond.

we in sault ste. marie enjoy an awesome recreational atlantic salmon fishery. they are awesome to catch, fight harder than stink, and some of you might enjoy them if you gave them a chance to re-establish!

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

and once again, i'll say that i think it's awesome what has happened at ringwood hatchery. seeing a private and volunteer based project such as this release fish in the big O must be incredibly rewarding for all involved...i just got thrown off topic by a stupid t-shirt and it has unfortunately remained off topic. for this i apologize to the thread author.

the sense of entitlement is choking out the air in here.

thankfully there are wonderful bios out there who don't treat lake ontario like their own private stocked fish pond.

we in sault ste. marie enjoy an awesome recreational atlantic salmon fishery. they are awesome to catch, fight harder than stink, and some of you might enjoy them if you gave them a chance to re-establish!

Perhaps you should give a thankyou to the wonderful Soo Michigan USA biologists and the University of Soo Michigan for 20yrs of painstaking reaserch and millions of $$$$$$$ to create a somewhat established fishery. May I also say without the continued work of an entire University reserch staff this re-established fishery is doomed to die off, like every other Atlantic re-established fishery in the Great Lakes has.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks
Perhaps you should give a thankyou to the wonderful Soo Michigan USA biologists and the University of Soo Michigan for 20yrs of painstaking reaserch and millions of $$$$$$$ to create a somewhat established fishery. May I also say without the continued work of an entire University reserch staff this re-established fishery is doomed to die off, like every other Atlantic re-established fishery in the Great Lakes has.

I do give thanks to the Lake Superior State University :rolleyes: bios for all the work they've done including research on atlantic salmon, lamprey, lake sturgeon...etc.

Naturally being as informed & educated as you believe yourself to be you are aware that Atlantics are only native to Lake O and not the Soo right?

That pesky Niagara Falls kept getting in the way of migrations.

Have you any idea what the costs are to provide that non-reproducing put & take Atlantic fishery?

How greater an impact on recreational fishing those funds would be if directed to much more suitable sportfish instead of using Lake Huron as a private science experiment?

Heaven forbid the ministry that manages recreational fishing actually put an emphasis on recreational fishing instead of the self serving delusions of a very few appointed public servants. You sir are the embodiment of why that shirt was created...and still don't get it.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

can't you take an apology and let your own thread get back on topic? start an atlantic thread!

i'm done talking to brick walls. you're the most abrasive person i've encountered on this forum, and unlike guys like GCD, you don't do it to be funny. you ACTUALLY think you're smarter than biologists.

i'm no bio, but i trust them over a hillbilly with an attitude any day.

thread done.

Edited by Dr. Salvelinus

Does the MNR stock Atlantics in Lake Huron?

Science sucks lets continue to let the party in power make kneejerk reactions to lobbiests. The best way to ensure better long term fisheries management is to take all the money from any scientists and give it to CO's. The CO's will be happy as their job will get real easy due to the lack of fish.

Seems like enrollment should be up in biology faculties at Ontario Universities. Since the currently trained group of biologist can't seem to manage our fisheries appropriately, most of you will be wanting to take courses to make a difference yourself, armed with actual scientific training and tools versus, the word of a TV personality.

Cheers to the volunteers who provide time and resources to ensure these programs continue, they are the ones who deserve a hats off. They lead by example and so should be applauded.