bay of quinte

lovetofish

Sinse my boat hasn't left my garage since July long weekend :angry: :angry: :angry: i've decided to head up to Bay of Quint because i've heard so many good stories. I really don't know where to start on this big body of water. I don't even know where to find a boat launch. I was thinking of going to Napanee. Any help of a location of a boat launch or any tips would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

lovetofish

Ps. i have brand new planner boards and i figured this would be a good spot to try them out

Edited by lovetofish

Can't help with the boat launch, but the only time I've fished Quinte we fished Big Bay and we caught largies pretty much everywhere we went.

Didn't get into any walleye, but we weren't targetting them either.

Edited by ADB

there is a board for quinte quintefishing.com it will help you out bud,

There is a nice boat launch in picton, alot of people troll east of glenora. There is also a boat launch at the glenora marina but only if you have a nice 4wd to pull it out there. If you fish east of the glenora ferry you can use 2 rods per person.

I picked up some maps for the area I think from hotspots maps. I hope that helps you out man.

charlie

May I add, one of our sponsor site, www.fishingbayofquinte.com also has very good beginner information on Fall walleye. Check out their maps of boat launch and forum section.

Fishhunter offers a great oppertunity with the hookups, you'll learn plenty. I joined once last year, and immediately after with my own equipments, I had success catching.

Health officials on tv are warning to not even touch the water, I would hold off

looks like my first trip to BOQ is on hold for now, thanks for the info guys!!! I will still definetaly look into what you posted.

thanks again,

lovetofish