Piers...

rain spurred on the fish that were in tight. The next batch are still lounging out offshore as warmer water is still kicking around. I was out a couple weeks ago and all the way from 120 FOW to 280 I had 65F down to 80 feet deep. Was on the pier last night and noticed a ton of river washout in the water. No sign of any salmon surfacing in the harbour or off the breakwall. Water temp in the river was still 63F. Talked to one gent who had been out on the weekend and was still picking up salmon and rainbows in 250 FOW. We need some cold nights of a good north wind for a week

I went to the ganny, humber and the credit mouths on the weekend. Very few fish, almost no salmon and only a few trout. I'm thinking pier and mouth fishing is pretty much done for those rivers. The other fisherpeople I've talked to agree.

Yup!... it's the full moon!

... if they're not biting in the middle of the night, they aint biting!!!

Sowry again Dawg, but the full moon is bad for the salmon bite.

It's been too bright & calm off Bronte & Burlington, the darker & stormier the better the pier fishing. The next night there's a 20knot breeze will be good in your usual spot Utyma.

Then again there's always some fish around, was one of two caught off a local spot.

ClippedJack.jpg

LMAO!!! When you're determined to go, but still fall asleep, you know you need the rest :lol: I'm gonna take the seasoned vet's advice, and wait for the wind to blow the right way...that pier has beaten my spirits down too much to go back just yet :lol:

Sowry again Dawg, but the full moon is bad for the salmon bite.

It's been too bright & calm off Bronte & Burlington, the darker & stormier the better the pier fishing. The next night there's a 20knot breeze will be good in your usual spot Utyma.

Then again there's always some fish around, was one of two caught off a local spot.

ClippedJack.jpg

compared to your foot that thing looks small hehe

Got out later in the morning, the breeze was good to add some ripples to the water but all the rain made it too murky. Fished for an hour without a touch then tried a few other spots around the harbour looking for some brownies but came up skunked.