Great Day on the River!!!

StoneFly

Tribs were high and Stained for the most part,..had a blast with all the nooks,...a BIGASS Coho, 17lb,. I thought for the longest time,...it was a big steelhead,..Best Fight I have ever had!!!,...Dave caught an 18" Atlantic, but no pics. Sorry about the Quality of the Ho pics,..SOMEBODY, after using the same camera to take literally hundreds of pics still cant sort out the Picture and video button, lol and the pics or the video do NOT do this fish justice!!!!.

th_IM000897.jpg

th_IM000898.jpg

th_IM000899.jpg

Coho-2-B.jpg

Coho-1-C.jpg

And Of Course, the token 1lb Rainbow...lol

IM000900.jpg

Nice fish, I believe that would have been a heck of a fight. Coho is still a fish I haven't crossed off the list.

Lb for lb, I would put it up there with Steelhead and While I have not caught a 17lb Steelhead,..I have caught many nooks in the mid to upper 20's that put nowhere near the fight this fish did, and even after a 10+minute fight and 20 seconds out of the water, It took off like a bullit...It was Truely Awesome!!!!!

Awesome StoneFly :thumbsup_anim:

You must of been excited cause you were speechless in the vids :lol:

Congrats!!! Real beauties :clapping:

Leechman

lol, I was speechless because he was supposed to be taking pictures, not videos,...If you really wanna laugh you should hear the cameraman commentary during the fight when he 'thought' he was taking action pics,..but it was videos of mostly the ground...LMAO with alot of funny comments.

lol, I was speechless because he was supposed to be taking pictures, not videos,...If you really wanna laugh you should hear the cameraman commentary during the fight when he 'thought' he was taking action pics,..but it was videos of mostly the ground...LMAO with alot of funny comments.

LOL that's what I figured.... you do strike a mean pose nonetheless LOL

Leechman

I guess I should have been fishing the ditches out east today.. To much flow out this way!!!

Nice Coho man, that thing is a brute!!!!

Yeah man, knew the Nott would be blown,...east wasnt much better,...although the Go TO trib in blown conditions was Gully!!!

MIKE

NIce fish, I want to hear Francis Ford Coppola's comments later. I wish I had a camera for that small atlantic I caught, It would have been my first photo of one on that river... All and all a great day.. Thanks again to you and Ken, It was fun...

Dave

I know its hard to tell Bud,..but Trust, its a Ho

I think the reason behind him putting quotations around the word, ho, was not because he thinks it's a different kind of salmon, but because fish wasn't the first thing that comes to his mind when he hears the word ho, lol.. (hint: think women)

but anyways.. beautiful fish man

Or you can always target boots in ankle deep water :lol: :lol:

Are you still not catching any Ziki? lol

MIKE

NIce fish, I want to hear Francis Ford Coppola's comments later. I wish I had a camera for that small atlantic I caught, It would have been my first photo of one on that river... All and all a great day.. Thanks again to you and Ken, It was fun...

Dave

I thought we were calling him Spielberg? lol, dont worry Dave, I wont tell anyone that your 'Atlantic' was really a mutated chub from Pickering.... :lol:

great fish, i wish we had a better Coho run here on the south shores of lake ontario.........Ill trade you our brown run for your Coho run

Sounds Like a Decent plan...Maybe half and Half? lol,...but I dont know if our Coho run is significant, I happened to catch 2 this week and those were my first 2,...maybe someone else can comment on How significant the North Shore Coho run is?

I think the reason behind him putting quotations around the word, ho, was not because he thinks it's a different kind of salmon, but because fish wasn't the first thing that comes to his mind when he hears the word ho, lol.. (hint: think women)

but anyways.. beautiful fish man

Just wanted to cover the Bases, but thanks 'Tips' :rolleyes::lol:

It's a shame the the MNR doesn't stock more coho...

I'd plant chinook, coho and bow exclusively with higher quantities if I had my way. Scrap the rest...

Well since you brought it up,..My preference would be Scrap the Nooks (and all the problems that come along with them), stock more Rainbow, Coho, Browns, and if Atlantics take,..them too,...and if Atlantics take,.. then why not Specks as well? If you take out the nooks,...we should have room for all those species. ;):D