Why does it seem I can only catch these this year???

ccmtcanada

So...in the past, I've had pretty good luck catching the fish that we head out to target...but for some reason, I've noticed a pattern this year...

I go Bass fishing and catch this...

11pbpike.jpg

I go Salmon fishing and I catch this....

01pike-1.jpg

And today, we went out fall Muskie fishing...figuring to get into some nice Kawartha Muskie...and you guessed it...I caught this. In a lake where there are a lot more muskie...

pike-3.jpg

That pike is now headed to the dinner table...

Didn't even see a Muskie today...no follows, no missed hits, no nothing...

Oh well, there will be at least a few more fall muskie trips in the next month...hopefully, I can STOP catching Pike!!!!

I feel your pain dude... :rolleyes:

That first fish.. Is that a recent catch? She's a beaut!

At least you're catching somthin... Buck up, eh?!!

cheers

HD

Don't get me wrong...catching pike is fun!!!

That first one was from the spring...

I see you've been doing a nice job on the TO pike!

Yeah but you forgot to put on the red nail polish :blink: :blink: Just razzin ya Cliff :P

I here ya on that.... it's out of our control :lol: :lol:

It's funny how things work out.... when you set out to target a specific species and can only manage to get into snakes :w00t:

For what it's worth..... those are some purdy gators you got into!!! congrats :clapping:

Thanks for sharing Cliff!

Leechman

That's because there are too many pike in our waters. Plus, you can't kill pike, they just won't die :lol:

They are good eats and more people should catch and eat them in my opinion. Get the population a bit under control!

Joey

Those pike aren't bad more than i have caught this year. Maybe you should go to Toronto harbourfront and try for pike and with your luck you will catch a very rare musky or big walleye there. lol

Welll Cliffff..... if you took Bly with ya.. sh e could have shown you HOW to catch a Muskie :P

But hey.... the biggest snot rocket I have caught so far is only 26 inches... at least the ones you are getting are worthy of a pic...

B)

Edited by splashhopper

Welll Cliffff..... if you took Bly with ya.. sh e could have shown you HOW to catch a Muskie :P

But hey.... the biggest snot rocket I have caught so far is only 26 inches... at least the ones you are getting are worthy of a pic...

B)

HA!! She was with me...notice no pictures of fish and her together?? :whistling:

Hope she doesn't read this thread....

I'm a goner... :o

It's been nice knowing everyone...LOL.

HA!! She was with me...notice no pictures of fish and her together?? :whistling:

Hope she doesn't read this thread....

I'm a goner... :o

It's been nice knowing everyone...LOL.

HA!!!... just because there's a pic of you holding it, doesn't mean you caught it!... I can hear Miss Bly now "you hold the fish honey, it doesn't really matter who caught it... and besides, my hair is a mess"!... sound familiar Cliff? :P

HA!!!... just because there's a pic of you holding it, doesn't mean you caught it!... I can hear Miss Bly now "you hold the fish honey, it doesn't really matter who caught it... and besides, my hair is a mess"!... sound familiar Cliff? :P

Hair a mess? That wouldn't stop a pic of her with a fish...she wears a hat...so that doesn't wash!!!

Oh forget it....LOL

Hair a mess? That wouldn't stop a pic of her with a fish...she wears a hat...so that doesn't wash!!!

Oh forget it....LOL

Was just kiddin' ya Cliff ;) , most of us know that Pike usually hate Bly... and if you said you caught a big Pike, you probably did! :Gonefishing::thumbsup_anim:

How was that thing on the supper table last night? Did you fry it up redneck style or have it another way? :P

Was just kiddin' ya Cliff ;) , most of us know that Pike usually hate Bly... and if you said you caught a big Pike, you probably did! :Gonefishing::thumbsup_anim:

How was that thing on the supper table last night? Did you fry it up redneck style or have it another way? :P

We gave the pike to Fishnsled...who we saw on the water. He took his dad fishing for his birthday...so as a little present, we handed it over.

You did give it to him...right Will?? LOL.

Now now Cliff, I did catch 2 fish yesterday :)

Glen..Pike don't always hate me....I did manage one last weekend.

Jaydub.....hang in there, the best fishing of the year is just beginning!