Rainsuits

scugpg

do it once and do it right, spend the $$$ on goretex. i have the bps 100mph bibs and the cabela's guidewear jacket (i don't like the nascar'esque gawdy advertising the bps 100mph suits have) they will be the last rain apparel you will buy. both offer lifetime warranty.. if they leak, bring them back and you will get replacements on the spot.

mine are un-insulated but i buy a size larger so that i can layer up underneath during the cold months and still be comfortable in the summer. they're breathable so no sweating your balls off.

Edited by Raf

Spend as much as you can afford. Cheap suits are just that,they will last 1 or 2 outings then fall apart. Spend the extra dough and you will get much more enjoyment out of it.

I did that with my floater suit and waders....probably going to do the same here. I'll see what Angling Outfitters has and go from there. B)

Yep Gortex all the way. I've blown out 5-6 regular ones of all sorts of price points.

One of the most important tips i could provide is to make sure you buy one that has a double baffle over the front zipper.

I am also looking for a new rainsuit. I have been using a wetskins for the past few years and it has served me well, but I did not like the hood. It doesn't really close or tie down tight, so usually get soaked when running the boat. Does anyone know if they changed the hood style to a full hood?

I have a couple of buddies that use the Frogg Toggs and they swear by them. You have to order them from the States though. I think they are about $100.

I have a couple of buddies that use the Frogg Toggs and they swear by them. You have to order them from the States though. I think they are about $100.

You can buy them in Ontario also...check out the Ontario dealers for one near you.

http://www.froggtoggs.com/locatedealer/loc...te.asp?State=ON

And welcome aboard.