Rainsuits

scugpg

I was wondering what you guys like for rainsuits. Already have waders but would like a rainsuit for the boat that can handle the wind. Not sure if I can justify the 100mph suits at BPS, but wanted to know what you guys like. It has to be breathable though no yellow suits for me B)

I have a pair of gander mountain TecH2O unisulated and a pair of cabela's guide wear insulated bibs....

No complaints about either....

gander mountain is very reasonable...But it is in the USA so i dont know if your close enough to drive or if you would have to ship....

Northface jacket that is not uninsulated and when its cold I just wear a helly hanson floater in the boat....

TDunn

Edited by TDunn

If you have a Costco membership (or know someone who does) they usually carry the Wetskins brand as well. The price can't be beat, and the ones that they stock have more pockets than the ones at Canadian Tire. Colours are not yellow, usually grey and navy. Some have a removable fleece liner. Not breathable, but good none the less.

Burt :)

Edited by Burtess

Although I didn't buy one, CTC sells a nice Shimano suit that is regularly $140 but has been on sale for $100 this summer and maybe will be again as an end of season sale. It looks like a great rain suite but was out of my price range for this year.

I bought the cheapest green one from CTC (It was like $30-40)..... worst.idea.ever.

The thing rips so easily, lasted about 3 outings. Ran in to a guy at a lake who had the same one and his whole butt was sticking out too lol.

I'm hoping santa brings me a real one.

Dropped the wad on a 1oo mph BPS suit a few weeks back. It hasn't stopped raining since I got it home. Thinking about takin it back and trading it for snorkel gear. LOL

I gave it a good workout on the ATV the other day, worked great. I should really put it to the test next weekend at Lady Evelyn..........rain and wet snow forecasted so far. :o

I was in the same boat a few years ago. Asked the question on the board here and was advised that 100mph were the way to go. I boat the guidewear (on sale at cabelas) and they are great. However, if you are sitting in heavy rain expect to look like you wet yourself after.

Otherwise great, super durable and warm.

I always wear my Mustang Survival suit when fishing on a boat. It can get as high as 90' and I'll still wear it. Rain or shine I'll aways wear mine. lol
What would you know about rain, boy?

You live in the greatest city in the world,spend thousands on toys,eat excellent foods,and most importantly....you aren't married to sow women that like to sit up on their hind legs and slop grits and bass into their big mouths.

hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe

heheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheh

eheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheh

I bought a wetskins from COSTCO in London its olive green and black Breathable good pockets , just the elastic was tight in the waist so i cut it and just use the supplied belt , I wore it in the rain today for 6 hours and didnt get wet at all , best 60 bucks ive spent in a bit

For the money,I don't think you're going to find one better than the $65 Wet-Skins at Canadian Tire. I went to BPS and Lebaron and tried on just about every rainsuit that wasn't mega-$$$$$ and the Wet-Skins was by far the best..even better than ones that cost double. I used it yesterday and we stayed totally dry and warm in some pretty severe rain. The material breathes and they aren't restrictive at all for casting etc....As for how durable they are...they seem very well made but time will tell. Though I'm sure they will all wear out and rip sooner or later so I think I'd just get another one when that happens.

Although I didn't buy one, CTC sells a nice Shimano suit that is regularly $140 but has been on sale for $100 this summer and maybe will be again as an end of season sale. It looks like a great rain suite but was out of my price range for this year.

I saw this suit last night and it was real nice. Not insulated though.