Caught nothing but a fantastic experience

MCTFisher9120

I think this is a Blue Heron but I'm not 100% sure on that. My friend and I were out fishing in the river in his canoe and caught nothing but a few pictures of this big bird we saw from time to time. We were literally up to 5m away from this bird in some of the pictures. Just fantastic as to how close we got to it. Anyway it was very cool to get so close to such a big bird lol, was fun to get out into the canoe but I think the bass have either shut down or there at the ends of the river now.

ScreenHunter_04Oct041411.jpg

ScreenHunter_03Oct041410.jpg

ScreenHunter_02Oct041410.jpg

ScreenHunter_01Oct041409.jpg

We wanted to make sure we didn't hook and hurt any fish today so we fished without hooks :P Too bad that 6lb largemouth didn't keep the lure in it's yap until it got to the boat :(

Until next time,

MTBF

Edited by Mike The Bass Fisher

They are usually very nervous around people but there is one on Pigeon lake that has it all figured out. He looks for people shore fishing and hangs out begging for a meal. My daughter fed him 2 bluegills and a rockbass before he flew off. Saw him the next day a couple of kilometers up the lake begging for panfish at another resort. Smart bird.