curado vs citica?

MSBruno

I was looking to pick up a curado, but the citica is much more affordable.

Any real world experiences with both? I hear nothing but amazing things about the curado and was wondering if I can get the technology in a more aoffrdable package.

Thanks in advance,

Mark

I recently had the same decision. I found a real good sale on a citica so I went with that. I've have had no problems whatsoever with the citica. It's my first baitcaster so I was worried about birdsnests but didn't have much of a problem with that at all. I can't directly compare with the curado though.

My buddy just bought a Citica this spring, and I've had a chance to use it here and there. I'm very impressed with it.. its extremely light, but also very strong. I'd say its best feature is its idiot proof backlash/birdsnest feature.. its almost impossible to muck up a cast, which is very good for beginning baitcast users..

The Curado is a fine reel. It has been the top choice of many non-sponsored tournament guys for the last 10 years and it has gotten better with each new generation.

The Citica isn't in the same league, but at half the price it's okay.

The Code is a great value for the casual fisherman, but with it's chrome plated plastic parts I don't think it's meant for heavy use...

Since Hometown Handyman has already posted, let me put it this way, for me a $20.00 Black and Decker drill is fine...it makes holes. For a him, a guy who uses his drill three or more days a week year round, it wouldn't last...That's what we're talking about here. The buyer need to make a choice based on his/her personal wants and needs.