2 of "Heinz" worst inventions...

Muskieman

I decided to make Hod Dogs on the BBQ for supper tonight.

On the condament list is ...Ketchup... Relish ... Mustard ... Onions.

Well...In my house Mustard goes on first

Then the Ketchup... this is where it gets me mad...

I was getting my Daughters HD ready and there is a Bottle of Heinz Ketchup that says "Easy Squeeze"

You have to squeeze so hard on the friggin' thing that when it comes out it's like a "Turbo Jet" the Ketchup came out so fast it almost blew the food off the plate while covering everything in it's path.

#2 Squeeze Relish.... Nothing but juice comes out and the relish stays in the bottle... then try to get a knife in there after !

Whatever happened to good old glass bottles or the original squeeze bottles?

I just had to tell someone..

RFS

:canadian:

Gull2009139.jpg

Then the Ketchup... this is where it gets me mad...

I was getting my Daughters HD ready and there is a Bottle of Heinz Ketchup that says "Easy Squeeze"

You have to squeeze so hard on the friggin' thing that when it comes out it's like a "Turbo Jet" the Ketchup came out so fast it almost blew the food off the plate while covering everything in it's path.

Gull2009139.jpg

Yeah I hear you about the ketchup. Been there, done that :angry:

I just took my fillet knive and carved that pesky little plastic membrane out of the hole. No more worries. When the bottle is finished I transfer the modified lid to the new bottle. My family think I am crazy :wacko: ...but it has restored peace to my world :thumbsup_anim:

lol awsome topic i think everyone who has used those things can relate to this! awsome idea with the filet knife and cutting out the membrane though... a true master of innovation! but then isn't pretty much like the regular plastic bottle with the flip top?

but i definately feel the same. good point! we should get someone from heinz to see this topic!

#2 Squeeze Relish.... Nothing but juice comes out and the relish stays in the bottle... then try to get a knife in there after !

I believe this phenomena is referred to as condarrhea.

...hear you on the ketchup though, after reading this thread I too have eliminated the restrictor plate

I believe this phenomena is referred to as condarrhea.

...hear you on the ketchup though, after reading this thread I too have eliminated the restrictor plate

I just did the same......

I eliminated the "Turbo"

Now what about the relish???

RFS

:canadian:

Good thing Heinz ain't the only game in town!

Some things aren't meant to come out of squeeze bottles --- relish is one of them. :D

We always buy our relish in glass jars. Bick's.

Mayo is another of those strange things to put in a squeeze bottle. Tried it a couple of times and won't buy them any more. I'm sure they market this because once the bottle is 2/3 empty you can't get anything out of it any more.

We use GT (Giant Tiger) ketchup - can't tell the difference from Heinz. Their squeeze bottles work fine.

Funny story... but true...

In the 60's my Dad got P.O.'ed with Kraft caramels because the cellophane wrapping was so hard to get off. Whatever possessed him to write to Kraft about that I don't know, but he got a rather snarky letter back from them and to this day he has never eaten another Kraft caramel! :D

Good luck in the Condiment Wars, Randy! :P

Mustard is the only condiment allowed on a hotdog, period. ;)

SACRILEGE!!!!!!

What is a good jumbo without fried onions and saurkraut, and for our Yankee friends, the sacred chilidog.

The only advantage to the squeeze bottle is that you don't have to carry extra cutlery along.

Big advantage for the manufacturer is that you have to buy ketchup/mustard more often :wallbash:

Edited by bigugli