Attawapiskat River Adventure ~ Quest For Giant Pike

solopaddler

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well I firmed up my trip this year....May 29 (1st week) . Can't wait to hook into those HUGE spring pike!!! :D....again. Last year was amazing!!!!

It seems like the new website is up. Sorry if this is spammy.....but looks like I finally got my 15 seconds of fame...hehehe :P

Just wish I could keep this place all to myself. Going to have start booking 2 years in advance to get a spot at this rate!!! :(

http://eddienorth.com/

• 1 month later...

SO i figured it was about time we got this thread back up to the top where it belongs! because in 9 days I leave with the guys for our first attiwapiskat adventure at eddies camp! We were fortunate to get the first week and man are we chomping at the bit to get at those pike! I'll do my best to leave a few for you guys, but im not making any promises!! oh and does anyone know how long a drive it is from Toronto to Nakina? and what route do you guys plan on taking?

SO i figured it was about time we got this thread back up to the top where it belongs! because in 9 days I leave with the guys for our first attiwapiskat adventure at eddies camp! We were fortunate to get the first week and man are we chomping at the bit to get at those pike! I'll do my best to leave a few for you guys, but im not making any promises!! oh and does anyone know how long a drive it is from Toronto to Nakina? and what route do you guys plan on taking?

Good luck bud! No worries on leaving any, there's plenty. :D

T.O. to Nakina is roughly 13-14 hours.

The best route by far is hwy 11 all the way to Geraldton then jog up to Nakina on 584.

There are other routes but they're more convoluted and the highways are slower.

This is by far the quickest route.

Hopefully you guys have booked the motel in Nakina for the night before.

If not you'll likely be outta luck at this late date.

On a side note any chance you could fly me in a case of beer? :P

ya we dont have a motel, we are going to make the drive straight as some of the guys have to work till noon on the friday, so hopefully the adrenaline from all those monster pike will keep us awake enough to fish on saturday, and as for flying in a few extra cases, I think eddie is chartering a second plane just to fly in our cases so i think we are full up :)

tight lines,

Guest Johnny Bass

WOW. Fishing paradise. I have to move up there! As soon as global warming takes care of all the snow and cold weather.lol