Fishing Canal Lake

fish-miester

Hey guys and gals,

me and my buddy once again are planning on a little road trip.. and are heading up to Canal lake to do some bass fishing and the odd pike,

I have a 14' tinny fully loaded with a 9.9

and well we just wanna hook into some fish.. we were planning on hitting docks , as well as weedlines and what ever else we find

any input would be appreciated .\

Thanks again !

a fellow angler

Edited by fish-miester

well today.. was on the water for 7am caught 2 smaller bass right out from the boat launch and lost a small musky or pike.. didnt really see it .. after that we headed to the west side of the lake.. BAD IDEA... the fishing was sooooo SLOW .. after a few hours came back over to the other side.. and started catching fish ..nothing to big... as every fish of size got off or had comitment isues.. but was able to catch a small pike and a hooked into a musky but it got off boat side.. the pike was about a foot and a half .. and the ski was a good 35' and i saw both of the fish before they hit as they were both apperently sunning them selves..

then later on we found a few docks that were high enough to hold fish . but half of them were spooked by the time we were any where close im guessing cuz the docks were so high + water was so low making us and the fish very visable..

after docks we headed out to the middle of the lake and flipped deep pockets wich worked out well , and caught a few smaller fish and lost a few more..

then we moves to a couple rock edges .. and only caught 2 fish.. one of them being a rock bass and the other being a 4.1 lb smallie,

we then fished a few more docks and was able to land 2 more bigger largies.. about 3+ lbs each..

all in all it was a slow start but a good day . saw plenty of fish .. just wish that we were a bit more consistant ..

pictures will be up soon

as for Fishman2202 we deffenetly bottomed out a few times.. but used the trolling motor 99% of the day

i only access mitchell through the trent, dont know where the boat launch is located.

There is a public launch at canal. unfortunately, road names in the area ellude me, hopefully someone else can chime in here...

The Mitchell launch is on hwy 48 as you go between the two halves of mitchell.There is a boat launch sign.The launch on Canal is off of 48 on Centennial Park or Centennial road.You drive over the' Hole in the wall' where everyone shore fishes past the trailer park about a mile or so on the left.Both launches require a payment left in a lock box.Last time I was there it was 6 bucks.

Kerry