Flurocarbon to Braided

LucG

With the smaller diameter lines the uni to uni is one of the best. I have been using the Duncan Loop on the braid end to a Perfection loop on the fluoro end and then join them loop to loop. Haven't broken it yet and it spreads the bulk of the knot over 3 sections making them smaller and flow through the guides easier. Best part is when you re-tie because your leader gets short all you have to do is the Perfection loop which takes 3 seconds!

Double uni for me - so far so good! Wish I had bothered with a leader Monday night...snagged up on the upper niagara drifting and chewed off atleast 50yards of power pro before i could get my spool locked enough to snap it off :S The uni held up nice after that - snapped the 15lb fluoro leader well before the knot.

Anyone here have experience with the albright knot vs double uni when attaching smaller diameter braid to larger diameter mono leader? I ask because most fishing sites I've checked recommend the Albright.

+1 for the Albright, especially for stiffer flouro 15lb.+

Takes a small amount of practice to get it right but it's just as strong as the Uni that's alot easier to tie.